197: What a weekend of driving

Done 250miles+ in the Clio in this weekend with the cracking weather :w00t:

You can forgive all it's faults and niggles when you take it on some good tarmac, listen to the tune of the exhaust and revs of the engine. I've owned quite a few hot hatches and this is by far one of the most fun and involving to drive. Sadly no pictures, I was having too much fun!

I'd love to take it on some sort of track day and I've never felt like that about any other car I've owned, it just handles so well out of the box - it's quite impressive.

Sounds good, I drove over to Skipton way today , was perfect driving weather , although I noticed intake temps at 40 degrees when stationary which is to be expected.

Had a great weekend too, went to croft for Ford rsoc day and was out in a couple of track cars / clio 172 cup and a bmw compact cup race car was amazing and so was the weather. Was a fair share of renaultsport there on track. Couldn't believe how fast croft track is compare to our racetrack at home knoclhill. Just makes me want to sort my track car asap!

they are great cars, love getting back in mine after I've been driving the S4, okay the s4 is unbelievably fast and superbly built,

But it doesn't give you the thrill the clio does, you can rev its nuts off hit the limiter and change up and let out a big bang, chuck it into a corner or have a little lift off oversteer on roundabouts, don't think i could part from it, the amount of fun it delivers, great cars,

what it lacks in refinement, it excels in excitement

I can't see me selling mine anytime soon, will probably run it into the ground lol. The longest I've ever kept a car was my EP3 Type R and I had that about 4 years. Very similar to the Clio in some respects but the Clio has it beaten on handling and steering feel hands down. I don't even feel like I need to modify it if that makes sense, it just does what it does well out of the box.