What a day!

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Parked my car yesterday came back to this.
933B3E2A-0D87-43FC-82BE-142AF1E47701-1326-0000019425FE469C_zpsaa659349.jpg
Replacement cost £155 for broken tail trim funny thing is no other damage.

Not sure think someone nudged the back as the other trim has red on it. Exspensive to replace £155 pair tempted to buy carbon ones from streamline carbon £60 and put Akrapovic stickers on. Plus had my braided lines fitted only to find out they put the wrong front ones in the box there sending me new ones in the post , only found out when I looked in the wheel to see they where rubbing my garage said they didn't fit nice couldn't use original bracket had to use the one that came with them.

Mine are nice.. Lol

Unfortunately I havnt got any on the shelf and at the moment I wouldn't be able to produce any for a month or so as I have other priorities, I know its never good to turn away business but in this instance Steamline would be a good call for a quick resolution.

Yeah I'm thinking about it but whole point of the Akrapovic in the nice tail trims lol

Fair point, I suppose thats the problem with getting different ones. You could get some from streamline then some stickers knocked up and lacquer over them, but by the time you've finished messing you might wish you'd just paid through the nose for the official ones.

the f*cker that tried to steal them needs a good kick in the sack. Whats most worrying is that they're only of any value to someone with a 200. Who can afford a nice car like a 200 but has to steal other peoples sh*t?

Gonna email Akrapovic direct and see if they can help , either it will cost me £155 or might get a result got nothing to lose.

Bet there only about £80 for the dealer to get in and they only look like carbon affect when you look at a cracked one doesn't look like proper carbon.

I feel for you mate, not nice!

It looks to me like someone has hit it though, why would the other one have red paint on it if someone was trying to steal it? These stick out a bit from the diffuser as far as i'm aware, therefore they are the first point of contact...

If you're going to Bedford this weekend, i'm sure you will be able to unclip someone's when they aren't looking :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah and after reading this thread I'll be the first person they look for lol No it's cracked threw plus some of the wording is missing. Could put a sticker over it but I know it's cracked. I'm deff gonna email Akra tonight see if they can help or maybe sell me some cheaper than £155! I really only need one.

Last edited:
why not get some carbon fibre repair to fix the crack.

Then turn it round so the repair is at the bottom, resticker what is now the top and re-lacquer

something like this

why not get some carbon fibre repair to fix the crack.

Then turn it round so the repair is at the bottom, resticker what is now the top and re-lacquer

something like this

Can't turn them around, they are shaped and angled to fit one way only.

Streamline do a re-lacquering service, might be an idea to give them a bell.

Dealers don't actually get the Akropovic tips that cheap, the price you have been quoted is, actually very good for the original ones.

Mine are nice.. Lol

Unfortunately I havnt got any on the shelf and at the moment I wouldn't be able to produce any for a month or so as I have other priorities, I know its never good to turn away business but in this instance Steamline would be a good call for a quick resolution.

agree top trims for price