197: Wet Roads = Shocking!

Kumho tyres are highly praised at the minute. Check out a few autocar reviews. Its up there with the conti's.

Event tyres are notoriously bad. I think I'm going to try the new Toyo T1 Sport when these falkens are cooked. (got the with the car, there not bad)

It's not worth running on cheap rubber, too much times i've felt unsafe driving in the wet. That's my weekend planned then - new tyres! How much roughly for Conti's?

I found tha V12 evo to be a match for the contis, at only £78 a corner they are great value. Contis you will pay more like £115~

I put 4 Toyo Proxes T1R's on a few weeks ago and i'm very impressed.
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

Driven in heavy rain with no drama too, think they are £86 a corner fitted IIRC?

Where the heck you getting T1R's from at £86 a corner from? The cheapest i could get was £101 fitted and balanced. Iv been using them for over a year and a half and its safe to say i will probably use them all the time now. But wanting to try the Hankooks

I just can't understand why anyone would change from the contis.

Well apart from some semi slicks.

The tyres make the car what it is.

I just can't understand why anyone would change from the contis.

Well apart from some semi slicks.

The tyres make the car what it is.

Mine's had Contis all round and i changed to Toyo T1R's all round...
Just didn't like how easily the Contis wore down and i prefer the grip of the T1R's in the dry and hardly use my car in the wet so that doesn't bother me.

Two things you should never skimp on; Tyres & Brakes.

I find the 197 superb in the wet, best car I've driven for stability. When I firts got her she had one Budget Ditchfinder on the left rear. The first thing I did when I picked the car up was get on the phone to Kwik-Fit and have them send a mobile unit out to me the next day. I've only used SC3's on her and until they phase them out that's what I'll continue to use.

I've only had contis on the 200 so can't really comment too much. However I've had paradas on the 197, they were good in the dry when new but they seemed to deterioate in performance very quickly. They were also not the most confidence inspiring tyres in the wet.

I'm tempted to try hankooks but the contis are wearing so well with track use. Currently with 5k miles and 2 trackdays (400miles) they are just over 6mm all round.

I had budgets on the rear of my old car when I got it, fantastic in the dry but outright dangerous on even a slightly damp road. Never again will I have cheap tyres on any car.

Continental sport contact or exaltos on the 197 only for me

Where the heck you getting T1R's from at £86 a corner from? The cheapest i could get was £101 fitted and balanced. Iv been using them for over a year and a half and its safe to say i will probably use them all the time now. But wanting to try the Hankooks

My Bosses dad owns Hawleys Tyres!

T1R's are good tyres, superb in the dry. In the wet though they completely change. They are nothing like as good as the contis.
EDIT - The tyre you have on now are rubbish.

There is someone on here with the sc5 and I think he liked them. I would definitely go for them over the sc3 as they're about the same price.

Are the 200's still coming on SC3's? Interestingly the new Corsa VXR'ring is supplied on SC3's, not SC5's, perhaps down to cost?