West Midlands Detailer.

After picking up my storm grey 200 a few weeks back ive noticed a few swirl marks in the paint and also some mysterious black spots which arent tar on various panels of the car which do polish out.

To be honest i dont really trust taking it back to Renault and gettin one of their detailers to sort it out cos it will prob come back either the same or worse than before so does any one know of top notch detailer in the west mids thats either mobile or around the Birmingham area i can take the car too to get the paintwork corrected/enhanced?

Cheers guys.

Yeah never trust Renault to clean your car...I always asked them not to clean mine when it was in for a service

I'll send him a pm me thinks! Looks like he did a crackin job on that Cooper gp! My mate had one of those not long ago and it felt savage! Plus that supercharger whine is addictive!

Does he mind travelling around to do it or prefer takin the car to him?? Been lookin on the tinterweb and everyone seems to be around £150 for paint correction etc.

Ye he travels just depends what he's doing at the time i suppose ill send him a text to let him know he's a wanted man! lol

Cheers mate, I couldnt believe how many swirls/marks were on the paintwork when I first cleaned it! Plus it was raining when I picked it up so never noticed any marks.....

Cheers for gettin back to me russ, you come highly recommended!

Well to be honest a weekday might be better cos I live in a flat and gettin power and water outside etc is nearly impossible but at work it won't be a problem. I work in wythall and it's about 2 mins from junction 3 of the m42. Would you be able to do a weekday not next week but the week after?

I don't think the paintwork is too bad but it def needs somethin if not some correction work but you'l know a lot better than me what it needs to get it lookin spot on.

My mate might be interested in gettin his st220 (ford scum I known but don't hold it against him) so would you be able to fit in that and the 200 on the same day?

Cheers mate

Oh sorry, change the price to £400 and I need it for 2 days...

Clearly I haven't a clue, despite the wealth of recommendations.

Last edited:
Don't knock Russ, all the write ups I've seen show that his work is that of a perfectionist. True professional detailer results.

£100 for Russ's work sounds a bargain to me, snap it up whilst you can.

If I had realised you could do it for £100 I would have got you to do mine instead of doing it myself

I don't want this to descend into anything, but I don't have an expensive unit or a lovely ramp to pay for.

Clearly you can 'take your time', and spend the best part of two hours cleaning arches and dressing them, but not everyone wants to pay £400 for a 'detail', some people just want the majority of the defects removing from their paintwork, and some decent protection applying, for a more reasonable amount of money. You can achieve decent levels of correction in a day, particularly on a near enough brand new car. Plus, if it takes longer to get it 'right' then I'll do that too, it's merely an estimated time 'figure' based on the age and size of the car.

Nice work on that cooper Russ, impressive work for 5-6 hours. Would deff pay £100 for something along those lines. Bargain.