Well, my RenaultSport love affair is soon to be over...

... as ive sold the 200!

Just never clicked with it, loved my 172 so much i bought i back after id sold it, thought my 182 was ok, then just didn't get on with my 200

Sold it to buyer for a well known car supermarket (not CarCraft), so im looking forward to seeing how much they put it on for

It'll be going standard so 3 week old projectors and HIDs will be up for sale when im back from my hols

So, another 200 gone...

2011-05-21195142.jpg

What did they give you for it if you dont mind me asking and have you trader it or just sold it on?

We buy any car ?

I got £11800 for it, Nov 60 plate CUP with 6k, Speedlines only option

Sold it on as getting DS off the net, got offered £12250 for it trade in, but the monthly payments on the DS were £100 a month more than the deal ive got!

Was an absolute nightmare trying to sell it, i rang 6 local, and localish Renault dealers asking if they'd like it. 5 said they'd ring me back within 10 mins max, im still waiting even after continuously ringing them back. And the one that gave me a price, albeit after id rung them 5 or 6 times, gave me a price £1000 less than the other 2 offers id had!

I work in the trade as a techy, so went to my old place this morning to speak to sales manager who i got on well with, he rang a few Renault contacts and each said it booked at £11k but would give me less. Ive since heard from Steve on here a 10 plate books at over £12k

Finally, he rang his contact, who i evetually sold it to, and he was a proper sound guy and made me an offer there and then, hence she's now sold!

Not WeBuyAnyCar no lol, its a Northern place. Dont want to say until the deals gone through!

Just didn't enjoy the car, think i need something more comfy and with more toys now, as me and the Mrs enjoy European driving, hence the fact im hopefully getting a DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 THP, which is coming in at the same monthly payment as the Clio!!

Last edited:
Seems a few people are trading in for DS3s now, and I have to say they are nice looking motors.

Have you ended up with negative equity selling so soon or does that only start further down the line?

Hope you enjoy your new car :smile:

I dont get all the negativity with the 200. Im actually liking mine so much im tempting to buy it outright of my PCP deal as its spec'd up exactly how i wanted it.

From the way the Mk4 Clio is shaping up (potential end of the 2.0L) and the fugly concept artwork with the HUGE renault badge on the front i honestly cant see there being an alternative when the deal ends in 2012.

I had the same experiance as you, albeit opposite way round with cars.

The DS is a fine looking car tho, and the interiour is very smart :smile:
The DSport is the top spec ones too :wink:
As for known faults it has the FAP engine, which are a hefty bill when shizzle goes wrong.

Heres a few pics of mine :smile: Best colour combo they do :wink:

eb4i93.jpg

auxrvc.jpg

1eo81.jpg

Ended up equal, got enough to pay it off and thats it. I reckon after this month they'll drop and start going into negative equaty, so selling at right time

Not a massive fan if ds3s tbh, think they look weird, Luke to much is going on with them!
Good luck though.

that's the DS3R which is stupid money IMO, not the normal sport I believe? But it's still a good comparison and good video.

Ye, good video. Clio does really well, especialy considering the new metal it's up against!

I'd imagine the ds3 will be a better holiday cruser, but probably not as much fun as the Clio.