Well I did it...

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
The Clio has gone forth, put out to stock etc. etc.

Had 3 fun years with it but decided I needed something a bit more comfortable and easier day to day so I got this:

9423624908_c3c4c8f079.jpg

9420858477_1d97472bea.jpg

It's a FF 250 with RS monitor + cup pack, completely standard that I know of but it doesn't have go some :smile:

I'll not forget the old girl though, I have a picture of it on my wall after all!

6018936259_283b179bed_z.jpg

Very tidy. How does it compare to the 200?

It's quite different.

Seating position is better, lower. It actually rides a LOT better even with the cup pack, had my parents in it and they used to moan something rotten about the Clio but this they loved.

The power deliver is very linear up to a point, but then you get to a point and it goes absolutely mental you can gear the air being shoved into the intake and shoved out the exhaust! Found it even pops on gear changes when your going for it too.

The interior is generally nicer too, there's a lot more storage beyond the Clio just having a glove box which always annoyed me (hell it is my daily so 'storage' is important :smiley: )

The boot looks big enough to sleep in, not that I ever had problems with the Clio there.

It goes round a corner well but I need to get used to it as it's not as razer sharp as the Clio is but I've found the diff works well at just grabbing the front end by the scruff of the neck and tearing it round a corner, having never owned a car with a diff on the front or back it's going to take some getting used to.

I'd say it's definitely a struggle to find any opportunity to properly open it up though, it just goes and goes :smiley:

This is nerdy fun though:

9422425235_05b724a71f.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like it's overall more civilised then. Think i'll wait a few years before changing to one :smile:

I'd definitely describe it as a bit more mature than the Clio both in how it's put together and goes as well as looks, I'll miss the Clio as they are definitely the road going go-kart they aim to be and the noise and feel is very raw and exciting.

Just be careful if you have a tank of juice and you are full on braking as the rear tries to come round even in a straight line.

Also get more weight over the front wheels in the corner to get the lsd working better.

Just be careful if you have a tank of juice and you are full on braking as the rear tries to come round even in a straight line.

Also get more weight over the front wheels in the corner to get the lsd working better.

We're going to need to meet up at some track days :wink:

Wait until you take the foam lining out the airbox and fit a panel filter. Sounds even sweater