Wax Query

Most of the waxes I have been looking at state on the label do not use on plastic. I have noticed that a few of the panels on the clio are a type of plastic. Will they be safe to wax?

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Yes as long as the panels are painted they wont be a problem. If you wax plastic (for example the bit around the front window screen or the rear wiper) it goes white. Not a good look. However if this happens do not worry! Put some cooking olive oil on a peice of kitchen roll and rub in for a good few minutes. This usually lifts the wax/polish

Thanks for the replies. I need a good wax then cause it would be easier if it could go over the f1 decals.

You can use any wax over the F1 decals, but you will find it will catch on the edges on the decals and clump up.

Something like Optimum Opti Seal is a good choice for 'everything'. You don't even need to buff it off, just wipe it on and you're done!!

You can use any wax over the F1 decals, but you will find it will catch on the edges on the decals and clump up.

Something like Optimum Opti Seal is a good choice for 'everything'. You don't even need to buff it off, just wipe it on and you're done!!

Thanks for that.

I have had a look at it and ordered some, I like the idea of wipe on and your done.

Nice one, it's a great product.

There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but watch the videos on how to use on YouTube, people always use way too much product

Nice one, it's a great product.

There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but watch the videos on how to use on YouTube, people always use way too much product

I will definately watch some videos on Youtube, thanks for the advice.