Watches?

...now my 40th is coming up in September and I want a nice watch....needs to be designed around a driving/racing theme but not bothered about being flash....certainly don't want to spend more than £400......seen the Casio Edifice range. There is a watch which is part of the promo for the Redbull Team

http://www.casio.co.uk/products/Watches/Edifice/EQW-M710DB-1A1ER/At_a_Glance/

...nice watch and about £200.....anyone know of any other watches out there that might be of interest to me?

Cheers!

...now my 40th is coming up in September and I want a nice watch....needs to be designed around a driving/racing theme but not bothered about being flash....certainly don't want to spend more than £400......seen the Casio Edifice range. There is a watch which is part of the promo for the Redbull Team

http://www.casio.co.uk/products/Watches/Edifice/EQW-M710DB-1A1ER/At_a_Glance/

...nice watch and about £200.....anyone know of any other watches out there that might be of interest to me?

Cheers!

I have the Sebastian Vettel special edition Casio Edifice watch.

Love it. Looks the bizz.

Thats a really nice watch you've linked too.

My mum and dad want to get me a watch for my 21st but I've never really been a fan of them. Might have to have a look around 'cus i kinda like that watch.

....might look to see if I can still get a Sebastian Vettel edition....I think these are good value....probably better than a £200 Swiss made watch, and I don't want to pay £2000 for a Tag thats been modelled by Hamilton!!

i have a Tag watch it was £1850 self winding jobby, it gets on my tits tho cause i cant wear it during the week due to work. so everytime i put it on at the weekends i have to keep setting the time and date. FFS.

there are some nice watches around for 200-400 quid tho. the one you put up in the link is quite nice mate.

i got bought a tag calibre 6 for my 21st birthday dont know how much these are but this is what it looks like:

SNC00190.gif

I have the same problem as u chappo i dont wear it for work and the automatic movements stops so i have to wind it again at weekends lol

oh well

My nan and my uncle put together and got me a Seiko watch for my 18th. It's 3 and a half years old now and I had to have a new face on it, but I think it was around the £100 mark. As a result I don't mind wearing it for most things. I don't at work because I do a manual job, I got a £12 'doesn't really matter' watch for work.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't spend ridiculous amounts on a watch because you will always be scared of it getting damaged. Buy a really cheap one for work and a decent looking, fairly good brand one for the rest of the time.

That Tag is so nice. If you have a Tag though you have to wear it everyday. My mates are triplets and they all got matching ones for their 21st at £2k a pop. They're a mess now and look so amazingly cool!!

thanks pez, im not scared to wear it i just like things to stay as new as poss the picture was taken on my 21st when it was spanking new in box beleive it or not the back is nicer to look at than the front as its see through lol

i got bought a tag calibre 6 for my 21st birthday dont know how much these are but this is what it looks like:

SNC00190.gif

I have the same problem as u chappo i dont wear it for work and the automatic movements stops so i have to wind it again at weekends lol

oh well

lol same here mate,

its not that i dont want to wear it to work i cant ( no jewelery ) :thumbdown:

i did enquire about a cradle you can buy to sit them on so they dont stop working.

until they told me it was £250, lol :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

sinn who are these? are they known for making good watches? the movement in tag on further research is accurate to 1 second every 6 months which is pretty good going. I dont know much about watches lol

just posted mine to add some colour to the thread.

have you seen RADO they are nice watches and they arent that pricey either also swiss made.

I got one for my birthday
a citazen eco drive skyhawk, few years old now but its solar powered and lasts ages without light does pretty much everything and its titanium so very light, never done me wrong for around that price.. also being solar doesnt matter leaving it!

bite me have u joined the DB club yet? yeah ive seen them they look cool.

I have a few watches, a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46 (nice dressy diver) and a Sinn UX SDR GSG9 ...

Sinn are a German company that make seriously over engineered watches, my Sinn has an unlimited water proof rating due to the case being filled with teflon oil, the case and strap is made from the same steel used to make German U-Boats. And the watch is accurate to 2 seconds a year !! I wear it everyday and its great ..... £1,300

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Robo_#1 General Chat 3