Wash/drive/sheep/ditch...

I spent 5 hours cleaning the car yesterday, shampoo, polish, windows, etc... had never spent so long cleaning a car before, I take it for a drive to a little village by the sea to take some photos, a bloody sheep crossed the -single track- road in front of me, I ended up in a ditch, GUTTED.
I'm new to the UK, therefore have no no claims bonus, although I didn't have any accident since many years I can't prove it because I was either in France or traveling the last 4 years. The guys at admiral were very nice to me on the phone but I think I'll get some kind of increase on my next year premium, what do you guys think, what can I expect? +20% +30% +40%?

SAM_1797.jpg
SAM_1796.jpg

Last edited:
Gutted for you mate hope it gets sorted soon. As your insurance just ring round loads of companies next year and play them off against each other to get the best price

May be better off getting a bumper and respraying it and the arch.

If you say you have a £500 excess and your premium goes up by say £300 over the next 3 years you have to declare then it may be less than that to get it done outside the insurance company.

Ah mate! Those flipping sheep! Nearly ran a few over on south uist last week!!

I was insured with admiral when I had an accident in my punto, I told them, started the claim process, then decided to cancel the claim, BUT, it stays on your record for 3 years, it bumped mine up on my punto by £320, then when I got the clio it bumped it up £900. Admiral are pleasant enough when things go their way, then they get annoying when you contest!! If you want more info pm me.

Yep if you have informed your insurance it will be too late it will be recorded.

May be better off getting a bumper and respraying it and the arch.

If you say you have a £500 excess and your premium goes up by say £300 over the next 3 years you have to declare then it may be less than that to get it done outside the insurance company.

£200 excess and I've got a quote (pretending to be a new customer) from their website with one claim, price raised from my current £480 to £600/year. I guess that's not too bad...

Didn't you get the sheep's details? :-D

:w00t:

Ah mate! Those flipping sheep! Nearly ran a few over on south uist last week!!

I was insured with admiral when I had an accident in my punto, I told them, started the claim process, then decided to cancel the claim, BUT, it stays on your record for 3 years, it bumped mine up on my punto by £320, then when I got the clio it bumped it up £900. Admiral are pleasant enough when things go their way, then they get annoying when you contest!! If you want more info pm me.

As above, got a quote with my claim that is only 120 more expensive than what I paid for the year. If they were to increase it too much I found a couple of other companies that would offer similar prices.

What scares me most now is how skilled is the guy that's going to work on my car and will the new paint be a perfect match to the rest of the car???
My 197 really was in great condition, I don't want her to lose any value because the guy sucks...

As said earlier, didn't have any accident since a while, got a good car, good tires, sunny day, still, **** happens... It doesn't only happen to others. Nobody's immune

Ouch. Looks expensive and I hope you don't have any issues with getting a new bumper like a few others have had recently.

£200 excess and I've got a quote (pretending to be a new customer) from their website with one claim, price raised from my current £480 to £600/year. I guess that's not too bad...

:w00t:

As above, got a quote with my claim that is only 120 more expensive than what I paid for the year. If they were to increase it too much I found a couple of other companies that would offer similar prices.

What scares me most now is how skilled is the guy that's going to work on my car and will the new paint be a perfect match to the rest of the car???
My 197 really was in great condition, I don't want her to lose any value because the guy sucks...

But £120 x 3 + £200 excess and potentially a years no claims lost.

May have been able to be fixed for less is all I'm saying and at a place of your choice.

Front bumper + headlight + wing + side skirt + labour & paint = more than £560 I'm pretty sure. I thought about not claiming but I think it's in my interest to make the insurance pay. They also pay for a courtesy car and where I live there is not many choices when it comes to garages... In fact the closest is at 20 miles and the one that's got my car at 60...

Similar Thread Suggestions