200: *WARNING* to all 200 owners! Everyone should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has agreed with me, even 3 other Renault garages I've phoned, apart from this one that have the car..

Cheers for the positive comment :smile:

Email has just been sent to watch dog :smile:

Cheers [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION]

Wow! I am genuinley speachless at all that bollcks!

With regards to wanting a legal battle, hope your got some spare cash lying around. Solictors cost will be alot for a good one who will take the case and someone who knows the sales of goods acts etc, so bare that in mind if you want to battle them, (might be able to get a recommendation for you consider that route). Constant emails, and daily updates pestering, asking for managers to contact you by a certain time, and if not you want the managers manager etc etc going up the ladder and see where it gets you. If your willing to battle, someone with the power to resolve it will get hold of it and either be fed up and give in, or take you all the way. You have a strong case of issues prior to this supposed "stone failure" (looks alot like a spanner has come off the head and hit it imo), if your committed to it, then best of luck.
Failing that, trip up to Renault HQ with a stack of images paperwork a solid well planned argument and collar the Head of Cusomter Service, or even Renault UK MD (Ken Ramierz) or Renault Retails Group MD (Michal Kalina) - accoding to google.

I would like to hear a detailed anaylsis of how the can say that a stone has managed to get past all the protection and covers to causes a precicse dent. Would it not possibly get caught in the belt and dragged round the pulley, leaving some scoring/ scratch marks? If they are saying its a stone, surely some reasonable justification of how it "might" of happened is reasonable for you to ask, rather that giving that as an excuse.

Gorms issue was paint. Went in several times and was never right, in the end solicators letters and finally it was rejected and Renault accepeted it.

Could try the Social Media way also. Spreadding the word etc. Twitter Facebook.
Tweet Renault UK directly complaining, saying why havent I recieved call backs, straight into the public eye.

All in all, best of luck!
Could always try and watch channel 4 "supercomplainers" and see if you can get and tips haha!

Thank you for your reply :smile:

some good information in there to consider :smile:

[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] does this sound acceptable to you? As in, even if a 'stone' has done this impossible damage, have you ever heard of Renalt trying to get out of warranty work and put the costs on the consumers? Given the work the car has had previously also?

[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] does this sound acceptable to you? As in, even if a 'stone' has done this impossible damage, have you ever heard of Renalt trying to get out of warranty work and put the costs on the consumers? Given the work the car has had previously also?

I don't think it's Renault, the garage is saying what it wrong therefor it's the garage.

Renault can only got on what the tech says.

The issue is not really with customer services or Renault it's to do with the dealer that is looking into the problems and diagnosing the fault. So if C/S or Renault are told by the dealership its not warranty that's all they have to go on and have to stand by it. Didn't you have some warranty work done to the compressor in the past ? if so someone at the dealer might be trying to cover something up !

Yup! Just recently! 4 weeks ago! My a/c made a bang and released all gas and I had a hissing noise through the dash board.

All they did was "a simple re-gas" so they have obviously missed something and handed the car back.

When I questioned why the pump was still noisy through, the reply I had was "all Renault pumps are noisy, it should hopefully quieten down now there's gas in it again too" even though the pump was silent beforehand...

Also, I made a mechanic come out in the car with me so I could show him the issue, after they apparently 'fixed' it.

Ian Smith the manager of Callow Marsh then told me that they would not change the pump, and if I wanted it changing, it would cost me £180 as there's no reason to fix it.

Now on my sheet of parts to fix the car, there's an a/c pump on there for just under a thousand pound!

It sounds like they quoted you for a non genuine part but then quoted full retail for a new one. Something isn't right with all this !

My blood is boiling as I'm writing all this now.

More so, I'm more concerned that the car is up there and in their care, for all I know, they could be doing more to the car as we speak. I have no trust in this garage, and the safe keeping of my car.

The he fact that I had an email off them basically stating to either pay up or give the courtesy car back, pushing me towards paying, otherwise I'll be without a car. I've still currently got the courtesy car

Yup! Just recently! 4 weeks ago! My a/c made a bang and released all gas and I had a hissing noise through the dash board.

All they did was "a simple re-gas" so they have obviously missed something and handed the car back.

When I questioned why the pump was still noisy through, the reply I had was "all Renault pumps are noisy, it should hopefully quieten down now there's gas in it again too" even though the pump was silent beforehand...

Also, I made a mechanic come out in the car with me so I could show him the issue, after they apparently 'fixed' it.

Ian Smith the manager of Callow Marsh then told me that they would not change the pump, and if I wanted it changing, it would cost me £180 as there's no reason to fix it.

Now on my sheet of parts to fix the car, there's an a/c pump on there for just under a thousand pound!

In my experience this wouldn't be cured by just a re gas. The only way you could get gas through the vents is for the evaporator in the dash to fail and this would req parts to fix. Also if ! remember correctly your alternator was changed recently ? when it was done they could have damaged the compressor during changing that or if it wasn't aligned correctly it could eject the belt !!!!!

This is my argument... This car has just had so much work/parts changed on it, I can't keep up with what been done to it.

The gearbox, manifold, drivers door electrics and a/c have been within the last 3 months....

The repair bills even before this issue have come in at £3,000+

so in total the car has/will have £8,000+ of work done on it

This is the invoice.. Price seen at the top, all item numbers to be seen. Half of them sound like they're just made up

c7cf5d8293f6b57ba90e8b042ccc39ad_zpsbc815f89.gif

[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] i'm just stepping out to work but will look tomorrow or late tonight if you can wait but i think [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] is better placed along with [MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] than i am on technical issues.

The only reason to price up all parts separate is to overprice the job so you don't get it ! For a warranty claim Renault would ask for 3 prices new engine / reconditioned engine / and to repair the engine. The latter is always the most expensive. I will see if I can price up a reconditioned unit tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions