VXR Recaro

The bolsters are less severe also.

this very question was raised on the ruk forum quite awhile back and the ruk guys said the seats are not the same as in as noddie says the side bolsters are different and hence why they suffer "less" wear :innocent:

I believe the Clio is fitted with Recaro Sportster CS seats and the Corsa has Recaro Cross Sportster CS seats.

Thanks lads:thumbsup:so these seats could be a good option in the clio if they wear less.

looked at some in a VXR and they did look the same.

Its the bit you sit on and the side bolsters that are different. The rest of the seat is the same. A leather re-trim also stops the issues and is much cheaper than new seats.

Its the bit you sit on and the side bolsters that are different. The rest of the seat is the same. A leather re-trim also stops the issues and is much cheaper than new seats.

VXR seats will have leather as standard IIRC though, so if your upgrading from standard Clio seats to Recaros your probably better to go for VXRs (so long as you can cope with have cloth rears and leather fronts)

clio seats should have been half leather to stop the wear from standard!!!

clio seats should have been half leather to stop the wear from standard!!!

possibly but the foam inside would still have collapsed resulting in the bolster losing its shape,the only difference for me would have been the leather wouldn't have worn through to the metal like the cloth does

Very true. Bet with the amount its cost them in warrenty repairs Renault are thinking the same now.

Everyone blames Renault for the **** seats. Its not Renaults fault...so I bet you they don't pay out for it.

Its like buying a Samsung TV from Curry's and it blows up. Blame Samsung, not currys.

So blame recaro for their substandard seats. Which is why they're not in the new Clio. (I think)

Everyone blames Renault for the **** seats. Its not Renaults fault...so I bet you they don't pay out for it.

Its like buying a Samsung TV from Curry's and it blows up. Blame Samsung, not currys.

So blame recaro for their substandard seats. Which is why they're not in the new Clio. (I think)

Very true. I've always said that the only issue I've had with my Renault is with the part they didn't make. I.e my Recaro seats. Having said that the Recaros in my last car were mint after 5 years, so its just the Sportster CS its self.

If they (Renault) made the seat an inch lower it would be far easier to get in and out without ruining the bolster so I part blame them.

its renault spec cloth on the seats so they should take alot of the blame!

Similar Thread Suggestions