VXR Nurburgring

injectors dont max out at 4900 rpm! i had mine with standard injectors running approx 240bhp for over 2 years and mine never missed a beat! the standard ko3 turbo will run outta puff before the injectors need replaced

problem is young inexperienced drivers and ex demo cars being ragged from cold, the pistons experience thermoshock and crack in between the lands!

taken directly from TMS website

'At 4900rpm the electronic signal changes, the injector is fully open and cannot inject any more fuel, from this point the cylinders are demanding more fuel but there is no more to flow, this means that the cylinder is progressively running leaner and leaner as more air is sucked into the chamber, increasing heat and leading to damage'

taken directly from TMS website

'At 4900rpm the electronic signal changes, the injector is fully open and cannot inject any more fuel, from this point the cylinders are demanding more fuel but there is no more to flow, this means that the cylinder is progressively running leaner and leaner as more air is sucked into the chamber, increasing heat and leading to damage'

thats where you went wrong lol

according to thorneys info at 230 bhp my engine would have exploded! it didnt! car was data logged regularly and didnt even show 1 degree of knock never mind show any signs it was running lean

standard injectors will last to approx 260 bhp, the ko3 turbo will run out before that! im sure those that know vxr's and know me will agree completly here

tms are the only company that recomend injectors for stage 3 (exhaust, intercooler and remap is what all other tuners use for 240-250 bhp)

its a money making scheme

And there is also a shed load of people that have had a new engine as piston 4 has gone.

I was highlighting that the piston 4 problem has claimed many casualties. Simple as that.

I dont really care what power you had on your VXR or when the ko3 turbos run out of puff....quite frankly I have more pressing issues to attend to this morning.....like wheather to have skimmed or full fat milk on my cherios

:smile:

And there is also a shed load of people that have had a new engine as piston 4 has gone.

I was highlighting that the piston 4 problem has claimed many casualties. Simple as that.

I dont really care what power you had on your VXR or when the ko3 turbos run out of puff....quite frankly I have more pressing issues to attend to this morning.....like wheather to have skimmed or full fat milk on my cherios

:blowup:

well you have felt the need to go quoting other websites!

if it is a fuel starvation issue then why only piston 4?

From what I was told (and I admit I may be wrong here) it affected piston 4 due to it being the furthest away from the fuel Suply.

A