Very strange

My 197 is near 3 year old, so I take the mirror off to give a clean, it was abit green/dirty inside.

First took off the driver side

P1000548.gif

But I took off the passenger side & one part missing on top right.
P1000549.gif

You can see that been painted again for some reason. Look like lacquer coming off!
P1000554.gif

I havn't hit anythings or bump on passenger side. Can you check your 197 please, just want to know if they all the same.

that looks like a thickening in the lacquer u will always get that on cheaper cars as they dont go through the flatting process of ure bentleys etc

^^ yes that too

that looks like a thickening in the lacquer u will always get that on cheaper cars as they dont go through the flatting process of ure bentleys etc

It strange really, I got the car from new but it was a delay waiting for my car to come. The dealer said they don't know where the car is, it was about near 3 week it came. That day I pick my car up but there was damage mark one front alloy wheel on passenger side.

Hate to say it but that looks like the door has had a respray. I would question the dealer as to why your car had a respray prior to you picking it up and you weren't informed. (Assuming you bought it brand new)

where are you from giles? i can always bring my paint depth sensor to check it. I am intrigued to find out whether they have crashed it

That is strange.

Does look like its been repainted, but it might have been done at the factory if it did not pass the quality control.

Does make you wonder though.

That is strange.

Does look like its been repainted, but it might have been done at the factory if it did not pass the quality control.

that is a very good possibilty or even at the import centre - been plenty of this reported on rs forum !

Bingo, that's a mask line not 'thickening'...it's a clear line.

Lots of cars get panels re-painted in factory and import centres.