Value of a cat-d.

Time has come to sell the Clio, unfortunately I lost my job and it's not the cheapest car to run on no income. The problem I'm having is trying to value it for sale. I stuck it on pistonheads hoping to get 5,700-6,000. Seems to be the cheapest there but after lookin on autotrader I'm confused again!

Anyway here some details:
2006 plate '06'
Ultra Red
Black sport alloys
Cat-d in 2008 - font end panel damage
48,000 miles
6 month tax
11 month MOT
Just had new brembo discs and pads, front tyres, stainless center exhaust.
Eibach 25mm spacers
Cup spoiler
6 disc changer

To be honest, given the fact that it is a Cat D you probably need to sweeten the deal somewhat. I would suggest anything over £4k is a good result. The money you are asking would be about right for a private sale of normal 197, but people typically don't like Cat C or Cat D cars, hence the values are somewhat lower.

Also when was the cambelt done?

GLWTS

Thanks for the quick reply Ralphy, not what I wanted to hear at all haha. I think atm I could get 5k easy enough through people I know, but I really was hoping for more. Guess I should start considering going lower then.. oh and the cambelt hasnt been done yet I dont think, the dealer never had any of the service documents.

Cambelt is another £400 to knock off your price then. If you have someone who will take a punt on a Cat D then I would be taking it. Presumably though you made quite a saving by buying a Cat D in the first place?

There are plenty of 197's about at the moment and values are especially low where belts need doing as it is an expensive job. Main dealer price is nearly £1k!

Yeah I got it for a nice price, Was hoping that spending £500 on the MOT then another £300 on the spoiler I'd maybe get a bit of the spent cash back in my pocket. Realistically anything over £5,000 would be enough. Jobless times are hard though and every penny counts! Haha

True enough. Part of the problem is that the money spent on the MoT clearly needed spending, just like the cost of the cambelt, so if you hadn't done it, your realisable value would probably have reduced accordingly.

Thats what i thought but i thought i must be mistaken as they are all easily replaced

Similar Thread Suggestions