V6 Airbox Setup?

Okay im once again hunting down any hidden ponies in the F4R and my attention has once more turned to the airbox setup.

I had a quick peek at Madeno Racing's kit from holland and although it looks fancy £800 is just too much for an open air filter setup!

I'd like to compile as much information as possible about the ever popular Ph2 V6 airbox setup that seems successful. If you have ever looked into this or actually run it would you please post any experiences or advice in here.

This includes:

- Proven dyno run results, before and after preferably ( charts welcome )
- description of fitting procedure, what needs modifying and how does it all go in
- Pictures of installations
- Parts required, prices and part numbers and places to buy said parts
- Pictures of different parts
- On road experiences with setup, how does the car drive and act compared to OEM setup
- Anything else that may be relevent

Thank you very much :smile:

Down on power by 4bhp and a 24deg difference in temperature :lol:

Even without a remap peak power came in earlier and holds flat till the redline.

Both Simone and Rene (raptor) have had theirs remapped with the V6 setup and it's made the best difference money wise.

Me too hunting for those hidden Bhp's in this engine. R3 maxi box at the moment (£500 in carbon or £400 in FG). When you put on top the cost for remap £250 -£300, not sure I can justify £800 for really small gains. Oh' don't forget relocate the battery. Could easy be £900. I've been sent a proforma invoice for intake but can't justify it at moment. Maybe when things settle down at work at end of month but £900!!!!
Madeno Racing's kit I think by all accounts although looks simple, like many things in life often simple really works well. Actually cheaper, looks better and more OEM, no relocating of the battery...
The thing thats so frustrating about the Rennie is £1000 on the other cars in this market, your seeing min of 50bhp but I guess thats NA engines for you...Different I know but certainly £1000 on the Meg gives easily 300bhp

Last edited:
I do like the look of the madeno induction kit but i cannot justify £800 for a kit. If it really did make the gains they claim ( 11bhp mid range, 7bhp top end ) then it'd be under my bonnet already, but i need more than a dyno chart printed online to convince me.

So Mark you expect with a remap it'd give some power gain over OEM?

I'll be selling my ph2 v6 airbox + filter soon of anyone is interested?
I haven't fitted it to my car as I don't want to relocate my battery.

Raptor and Simoxminos proven it gives a gain Ben but you need a remap. The ECU doesn't really know what to do with the extra air at high rpm without one.

The reason I hadn't remapped mine was I had it in my head of going down the cams route but it was working out silly money on mods with everything else I'd done so the cars going back to standard and I'll be changing it for something that suits my needs out the box.

I may be interested in this, is it a big job to relocate the battery??

Clio with:
Miltek, K&N panel filter and remap
VS

Miltek, V6 airbox and remap (the same one)

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap-VS-Miltek--remap.jpg

It's not just the peak power but the power/torque increase at lower rpms.

In this setup (Miltek, V6 airbox and remap) my car ran great.

P.S. The "REMAP" is the same before & after the remap (I didn't remap the car to suit the V6 airbox).