V-Power - What do you pay?

Shell closed their only petrol station within about 12 miles so I only get tesco 99ron now :worried:

V power doesn't really cost you that much more, especially when you get slightly better mpg from it

I haven't used any v-power for a while. The nearest one takes the p with the price, and the second nearest is closed for refurb! I put £10 worth of normal in it on Sunday because I was running low, but I can't remember the last time before that I put fuel in it and where it was from! I haven't been using it much tell the truth.

£1,26,9 for V Power, and £1,23,9 for exactly the same stuff at Tescos :wink:

Tesco stuff isn't the same, although to be honest can't tell any difference in how the car runs!

Tesco stuff isn't the same, although to be honest can't tell any difference in how the car runs!

corsa sport did a test a while back with a corsa b red top, a set of rollers alot of time, and every high octane fuel you can imagine.

tesco 99RON fuel came out on top

Auto Express did something similar and the differences between normal unleaded and high octane was more than you would have imagined.

It is made by Shell, in the same area they make V Power - but they don't add some of the stuff into it that they put into V....but for the extra 3p, you are right, no difference! :smile::smile::smile:

I actually think mine is better on Momentum. Might go and get some whe I can! Lol!

if your car is un mapped and hasnt had the ignition timing advanced from standard it is pointless running your car on high octane fuel anyway

(its complicated but 95 RON on a car that has been mapped can cause knock)

Clio is recommended to be run on 97 ron, so 99 ron is a bit high, but I think it should be ok! It certainly seems to be anyway!