Using Blackberry abroad?

I just got my first blackberry the other day, i have switched off the 'data services' option and the 'while roaming' options and switched from 3G to 2G, since doing that blackberry messenger wont work.

Im over in Norway (from Scotland) anybody experienced any bad hidden charges? Im aware for every MB its £3.00, how many MB would BBM use?

N00b.

If you go into you previous calls list and press the menu button and the options you can alter all of your calls (i.e. forward them all to voice mail) and then turned the data streaming off when roaming and it seemed to be ok - didn't get many additional charges other than the odd internet visit :smile:

I've always just added the 10mb bundle for a few quid (im on orange).

If you just watch what your doing you wont go over that.

I know some fools that have been right in there downloading apps etc and subsequently been bummed by the provider when the bill appeared LOL.

As i said in my original post £3.00 per MB. Crazy.

Haha! I dont think id ever download anything while abroad apart from useage obviously! Just sent a few blackberry messages thats about it.

£3 per MB doesn't actually sound that much. Are you sure thats for usage abroad and not just additional UK usage?

Well i have unlimited useage in the UK, it is £3.00 per MB abroad.. I should be fine from what a used today but damn it can get expensive.

Phone networks - money grabbing idiots! :smile:

hmmmmmmmm just turn off roaming mate or leave the phone at home. i got bummed in turkey with my phone.

As i said in my original post £3.00 per MB. Crazy.

Haha! I dont think id ever download anything while abroad apart from useage obviously! Just sent a few blackberry messages thats about it.

bbm and email wont use alot.

I use my phone ALOT and I'm lucky to use 50mb a month, works out 12.5mb a week average so on holiday when the phone wont constantly be in use you'll be hard pushed to use alot of allowance.

bbm and email wont use alot.

I use my phone ALOT and I'm lucky to use 50mb a month, works out 12.5mb a week average so on holiday when the phone wont constantly be in use you'll be hard pushed to use alot of allowance.

Thanks mate, this is the kinda stuff i wanted to hear. They couldn't even tell me this on BB forums!

I use mines quite a lot too but wasnt sure exactly how much i used. I know a BBM message uses a few bytes but thats nothing and my emails isnt hooked up yet. Its just to keep contact when on the go, its important for my job! haha!