Unsolicited revving

After setting off from cold and coming to a halt at junction,instead of steady tick over it revs to about 1500 without any throttle input.Did it a couple of times only -it's never done it before and it was very cold and behaved itself once warmed up.

Anything to worry about?- normally I wait couple of minutes before setting off i.v.o kangarooing but this time I set off immediately without a warm up.

After setting off from cold and coming to a halt at junction,instead of steady tick over it revs to about 1500 without any throttle input.Did it a couple of times only -it's never done it before and it was very cold and behaved itself once warmed up.

Anything to worry about?- normally I wait couple of minutes before setting off i.v.o kangarooing but this time I set off immediately without a warm up.

Have you got a sprint booster fitted? Mine did this and the sprint booster was faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to get a slightly lumpy idle before I changed my spark plugs, not alot but I could see the needle going up and down in tiny increments on its own. Now its as smooth as butter.

Other thing could be the accelerator pedal, its fly by wire. Checked the fault codes?

Took it out today after warming up -no problem -I'll put it down to the cold weather/not warming engine up first.

This drive by wire system is always throwing up problems -my low mileage Peugeot 2008 1.6 petrol, Smart Roadster being cases in point.

It was a real treat to drive an old fashioned cable operated carb on Renault 5 auto which would take off like a rocket without any lag at all.

That's progress!