Underated - Falkens

possibly one of the most underated tyres going in my view!

I had them on my 172 and have just put 2 on the front of my 197 to try them..if they don't measure up then they get changed with the rears for a full set of Conti 5's in time.

FK452's almost same spec as the conti 3's but slightly better speed rating on the Falkens.

after the fit i did a few miles on straights and twists to get home not pushing too hard till they are scrubbed in..

But first impressions are they are fantastic great feed back from the tyres, smooth ride everything you need obviously when they are scrubbed in i will need to test them if you know what i mean :blink:

But first thing i noticed over the conti 3's was they warm up quicker and they don't mind wet roads...

Falken PR
''FK452 truly defines the ultra high performance tire. Falken’s optimal performance FK452 is available in a wide array of diameters, 16” – 24” and staggered widths, making it versatile and resourceful. Five linear ribs and three-dimensional rounded tread blocks offer precise handling response. With a new silica compound and multi-angled grooves, grip is significantly improved in the wet, while tire wear resistance is kept to a minimum. FK452 features the latest developments in noise absorption technology due to phase-shifted random pitch variation, while handling response and high-speed stability are improved. FK452 also boasts a reinforced steel bead filler and a dual tread compound, enabling excellent handling and quick response, particularly for larger diameter applications. ''

Just thought i would share this with you

~H~

Tottally agree with you mate, I had these on my vxr Astra, then I had them on my 197 also I just sold my speed lines and will be getting fallen a put on the new meg wheels when the current set need replacing, I have a set of four for sale if interested??

Tottally agree with you mate, I had these on my vxr Astra, then I had them on my 197 also I just sold my speed lines and will be getting fallen a put on the new meg wheels when the current set need replacing, I have a set of four for sale if interested??

You selling FK452's ? for a 197

I have just bought 2 from Camskill and had them fit today £78 a tyre..

I am indeed only want to sell as a set though, £200 two tyres 7mm other two 6mm only had them on for a few miles as god some 18" meg wheels

I have had both and I can tell you the falkens are no where near as good imo as the conti sport 3's the falkens got super soft after some hard use and the tread patern got distorted same use with the contis and they are fine , also worth noting I have found the contis amazing in the wet / heavy rain compared to falkens

I have had both and I can tell you the falkens are no where near as good imo as the conti sport 3's the falkens got super soft after some hard use and the tread patern got distorted same use with the contis and they are fine , also worth noting I have found the contis amazing in the wet / heavy rain compared to falkens

Funny how driving styles vary and opinions do i personally found the Conti's one of if not the worst tyre ever in the wet especially in heavy rain had absolutely no feel from the road the other week heading into Leeds near stourton on the M1.

Yet earlier today in similar conditions albeit on new rubber they were excellent..

In the past i had always gone with Michelins or Bridgestone based on my experiences motorcycle racing and their bike tyers the only others were Yoka's on all 6 om my Golfs and then i was averaging 75k miles a year in all weather...

but so far today i can't fault them so far for the price difference

Last edited:
You will never get two the same where tyres are concerned as long as your happy who gives a dam.Enjoy them:tongueout:roud:

You will never get two the same where tyres are concerned as long as your happy who gives a dam.Enjoy them:tongueout:roud:

Oh i will hit some nice twisty's this morning before the thunder and lightning moved in and they held up well...so far £78 a corner is proving great value..

I used the FK452s and tried the ZX912s too on my FIAT Coupe 16VT. No complaints with them in that, although with ~250lbFt. going through the fronts they did wear quite quickly. The 452s were better than the newer and more expensive ZX912s and for for the price point are probably the best you can get.

Yoko A539s are the only other "mid-range" tyre I've been as happy with as the Falkens.

I'd not dream of putting Falkens on the 197!

The tyre reviews put me off on their wet weather performance..

If you're happy though, great.

I just think after 2 days in all weather they are almost half the price of Conti's but NOT in any way half the tyre far from it and anyone on a budget should give them a serious look

:jump1:

Tried these on my old S3 and found them ok to start with but with a bit of wear they were really lacking, especially in the wet.

As noted above tyre choice is so subjective.