Ultra Red 200

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
I've had my 200 for a few weeks now and am loving it, so different to the Mountune Focus ST I had before. I'll be updating this thread at some point and as mods go on to the car but for now.....

Was out for a run today and noticed there was a trackday on at my local track so had to stop :smile:

IMAG0219.jpg

Didn't get out on track as I only arrived at 15:45 and they were full.

Last edited:
Not me in Belfast on Friday. Kirkistown is great, I had a trackday car up till a few months ago and must have done 2,000 laps of that place. Easy to get the basics of the track right very hard to master it. I think it costs around £90 for a full day with Track Skills.

nice motor there mate,what mods are you thinking of going for?

A sprint spoiler is getting fitted this week. I've also fitted an ITG panel filter. But other than that I'm not sure as of yet.

A Great choice of colour mate

Thanks. I've always liked red cars (my last 3 have been red).

A few more pics after I gave it a wash yesterday (sorry for the quality, I know they're all a bit over exposed but was using the phone):

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very nice paddy.

How are you finding it to the focus, can you manage without the power.lol

Ive seen your focus over on DW, looked very nice

Rick

I have an Ultra Red RS200 with Sprint Spoiler and it does look great! Mine is only bonded on so I hope it says put! :smile:

Thanks for the comments guys. I really didn't like the 'cup' spoiler as I think it totally ruins the lines of the car and it just looks like a real after thought. I went for the 'sprint' one as it flows a whole lot better and is kinda subtle like it was ment to be there. Just my opinion though. Though why it came without a spoiler is a mystery to me as it really needs one.

I'll be having it bonded on as well as I don't fancy any holes being drilled into the boot lid. When I give the stuff that came with it to the bodyshop guy he looked at it and threw it in the bin stating that it was rubbish and he had much better stuff that would last. I hope he know what he's talking about.

The Clio is a totally different beast to the ST. My ST had over 270 bhp and 400 ft/lb torque (It destroyed a clutch in 30k miles so got a nice uprated one). The Clio is all about momentum and keeping the speed up where as the focus was brute force and massive acceleration.

This was my Focus ST:

IMG_2018a.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the spoiler fitted today (the body shop owner is a friend and been doing my stuff for years so came in on a Sunday to do it). I think it looks perfect. Like it should have been out of the factory and a lot better than the cup one.

Pics taken on a rubbish camera phone but you'll get the idea:

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

Also fitted some Heko wind deflectors (as pictured) and some red induction hoses (as I was offered them cheap).

And before anybody says it, yes the car really needs a wash.

Last edited: