UGLY Renaults - TOP 5

No - went to dip my feet in the water so to speak and have a try. Shame i hardly fitted in it. Tunnel was tiny and my feet nearly covered all 3 pedals. And my knees were nearly out the cabin to avoid the steering wheel.

I must have looked like Ed China does at times....

That reminds me when one of our friends tried to fit into one of these Trabant 601 after the Wall broke down. His comment was "at least I don't need ear plugs as me knees are already covering my ears". :laughing:

Ouch! Don't know why he couldn't have pushed the car onto the grass though...

Maybe he felt a little sleepy as his head had just rested on a big white pillow. :smilingimp:

/edit: On a more serious note: You don't do that on a track. Especially not the Nordschleife and such a "blind" corner. You always wait until the marshalls arrive and secure the track!

Last edited:
That reminds me when one of our friends tried to fit into one of these Trabant 601 after the Wall broke down. His comment was "at least I don't need ear plugs as me knees are already covering my ears". :laughing:

Maybe he felt a little sleepy as his head had just rested on a big white pillow. :smilingimp:

/edit: On a more serious note: You don't do that on a track. Especially not the Nordschleife and such a "blind" corner. You always wait until the marshalls arrive and secure the track!

Well fair enough I was just thinking about them guys coming flying round the corner potentially smashing into the car, more injuries and damage.

Well fair enough I was just thinking about them guys coming flying round the corner potentially smashing into the car, more injuries and damage.

Yea; I got a right mouthful at one of my first bike track days years ago - in no uncertain terms being told I was now in danger and putting others in danger - after I tried to stop at the scene of an off to ‘help’.

In fact I might have been told: ‘The best thing you can do to to help is FO’ !

Imagine a body flying through the air instead of "just" cars ramming into each other. These are the things that will get the track closed to the public for ever. I could post multiple examples of how dumb people are behaving there with walking or standing around on the track, parking their cars left and right to help without leaving room to pass for oncomming cars and so on and so forth. It's really a problem over there. The guy in the Clio did everything right actually. Get out of the car and over the barrier as quick as possible is the golden rule!

Here is a good example of such a clusterfuck.

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
It's a tough one I'd say..if you saw somebody crashed like that,what would you do?
If the person(s) are ok to get out of the crashed vehicle then it's no brainer,stay in your car and continue but if not,I'd go help obviously..

Imagine a body flying through the air instead of "just" cars ramming into each other. These are the things that will get the track closed to the public for ever. I could post multiple examples of how dumb people are behaving there with walking or standing around on the track, parking their cars left and right to help without leaving room to pass for oncomming cars and so on and so forth. It's really a problem over there. The guy in the Clio did everything right actually. Get out of the car and over the barrier as quick as possible is the golden rule!

Here is a good example of such a clusterfuck.

Yeah vids like that completely put me off even considering to go there lol!

Similar Thread Suggestions