Tyres

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
Think my tyres on the rear are the originals! They are cracked in the treads. So need 2 new ones. Now, is it a bad idea to say fit 2 Bridgestones on the rear with the Conti's on the front?

Im a massive lover of the Toyo Proxie tyres but they were on my 172.

Any recomendations, I did do a search but that didn't help much

cheers ;/

I highly rate hankook v12s, put a set on mine, noticed better grip, less wear (still looked brand new after a year compared to contis that look knackard after a couple of months) and cheap as chips. They will be going on the 250 if available when these tyres are done.

Goodyear F1 assymetric, they get good reviews over the V12s which while cheaper don't get rated as highly. They've been doing pretty well for me despite the cold and wet weather recently.

You could just stick some Conti CS5's on too.

i'm a lover of my yoko AD08's,mentally good in the dry and equally as good as conti 3's in the wet and they look seriously good from all angles,especially the rear

you can get them for around £120 a corner,i would advise you buy 4 though as they grip a fair bit more than a standard tyre so just putting them on one axle cases issues

i'm a lover of my yoko AD08's,mentally good in the dry and equally as good as conti 3's in the wet and they look seriously good from all angles,especially the rear

you can get them for around £120 a corner,i would advise you buy 4 though as they grip a fair bit more than a standard tyre so just putting them on one axle cases issues

have to agree with this,defo buy 4!!

I only need 2 atm guys.

What with the cambelt, discs/pads & tyres this month thats my max on 2 tyres tbh!

So whats best matched with the conti's on the front please? cheers for your help guys :smile:

I have conti 5s on.

IMO they are better than 3s

I run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A On the meg with are epic in the dry and fantastic on track with the ability to get heat into them very quickly becoming very sticky to touch.

In full wet they are very good but are crap in damp conditions.

Might just be the roads I live round as a recent Yorkshire run out had a number having moments lol

I have conti 5s on.

IMO they are better than 3s

I run Bridgestone Potenza RE050A On the meg with are epic in the dry and fantastic on track with the ability to get heat into them very quickly becoming very sticky to touch.

In full wet they are very good but are crap in damp conditions.

Might just be the roads I live round as a recent Yorkshire run out had a number having moments lol

some of us have rs2 on.....not a lot of tread on them can get wheelspin in the damp in 3rd :coffee:

Both mine are now on new tread or the meg will be when I get it back from the bodyshop.

Speak to Carl for rubber.

CS5s were 120 fitted and bridgestones were 195 fitted but I think he was quoting 200 for others on them.

Not sure how much they would be for the Clio.

Had con'ts con 3s on my 197 changed to Vredestein ultrac cento much better in the wet and will go back too them on my 200 when the cont's go

After i slit one of my fronts, i went from conti 3s all round to conti 5s on the front and conti 3s, on the rear. Got no complaints about anything, grip is great in all conditions and on track to as well, although having only had the conti 5s on just over a week before going on track has defiantly reduced their lifespan.

I didnt do much research when looking for tyres, as I was on holiday with no internet and just tried to get some replacements asap, as my car was parked on some very nice mans driveway.

If you want prices, chiltern tyres are normally pretty well priced.

I would recommend the Conti 5 to match or go for Toyo T1R's.

I notice your in Wycombe and i have a friend who owns a tire shop in cressex. Adams and Paige. Highly recommend him. Lots of motor sport experience.

Good luck.

By the way your V6 is epic.

Tom

Is it for the Vee? If so I'd go with something like the Contis or Goodyear F1 As. you don't really want something that's gonna be a bitch in the wet.

For the Clio, Hankooks are great for the price of them, and I ran two of them with two Contis for a while no problem. Otherwise Contis are decent but wear quick or AD08s if you want outright grip, but then you'll want four.

Goodyear f1's or bridgestone re050a's get a massive thumbs up from me, but on a little tighter budget then go with the toyos.

At least with the toyos (stick to what you no ) there a good tyre for the money, better than others for the same money.

There what id class as a B brand of tyre where's the goodyear and bridgestone are more of a A brand .

Whatever you decide on the back then follow it through next summer when the fronts want replacing so they all match.

rick

I use the Bridgestones too, a great tyre.

Is it proper cracking in the tyre? I only ask as i think the pattern on the contis edge allways look like cracking/crazing to me.