Tyres time ! Recommendations

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi fellas
i need advice and recommendations for new tyres .
atm i got F1 ASY 2 goodyear
was good tyre held well and for long time but its outside wall is pretty sensitive (especially under high pressures and in small track/very tight turns EVEN with 38PSI and not low low tyre pressure )ANYWAY -
i need a new set ,what you guys think about these :RS 3 hankook,R88R toyo(the new ones),federal RSR or RSR-R .
or any other options will be good too.
this time i want some real sticky tyres
I want it to be sticky but since i dont use the car alot i dont want tyres that dry fast and/or after few miles/months the tyre will need to be replaced since it isnt sticky anymore

Last edited:
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are all the rage these days aren't they? Not sure if they're an out and out track tyre though? Or designed for "all round conditions"? - pretty sure have to got to 225's though as last I checked they didn't seem to do a 215

if you're not so fussy about wet grip maybe something like AD08R's?

ETA: Have no first hand experience of either tyre

Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are all the rage these days aren't they? Not sure if they're an out and out track tyre though? Or designed for "all round conditions"? - pretty sure have to got to 225's though as last I checked they didn't seem to do a 215.

cup 2's exist in 215/45 17 ... http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-pilot-sport-cup-2

this tyre is not a semi slick like the toyo R888R or the dunlop direzza, it's more an alternative to the yoko AD08R. so, more durable but less sticky. i bought the cup 2, because i wanted a tyre which would last longer than a semi, which was stil usable in 'wettish' conditions and would be grippier than a standard tyre. it's my first high performance tyre, so i can't compare them to other similar tyres. quite satisfied with them, but i'm tempted to buy something like the R888R when the cup 2's are done. just to feel what the difference is with a real semi slick.

I recently got federal rsr and i rate them highly pretty good in the wet too if thats the sort thing your after

He wants semi slicks though... All what you have listed are good tyres. Nankangs are good track tyres also. But they are probably under budget for what you've listed..