Tyres for 17 X 8 Cup Speedlines

pdd144c

Paid Member
As above really. What sizes have people used and what problems if any have you encountered? There seems plenty of room both sides of the standard wheel/tyre combo, say 30 mm odd, so I guess most of the rubbing stories people have reported are those running 17 X 8 with wheels that have a lower ET and have been lowered so they catch on the wing under hard cornering? I'm thinking a 225/45R17 will give no issues at all and the tyres work out a load cheaper. Not worried about speedo or gearing just things that will cause a potential headache once it's on track.

Cheers

Paul.

Rubbing won't be an issue. I have 7.5j pro race 1.2's with a stupidly low ET.. sitting wider than most wheels and have no problems rubbing on 40/30 H&R springs. I will be going for 215s next as my tyres are really chunky and i noticed the cup racers run a little bit of stretch.

I ran 225's but I had lift the front end car up ( lowered on b14's ) Which resulted in loosing rake out the car and handled crap. i went back to 215's. Got et55 8 Inch oz's

You ou maybe could get away worth 225/40 but rare in that size but wasn't perpared to take risk to find out

Last edited:
Ah ok. Yeah the slicks are quite slim, I used to run 210's on my Seat with 8j rims.

Why did you have to raise it Chris?