Tyre Pressure Sensors

I went to the local tyre place to get some quotes for new tyres and asked if I could swap the rears to the front etc so I can get them scrubbed off (as they are not quite ready to change). I have tyre pressure sensors and the fitter told me that each wheel is programmed for its respective corner....now, I thought about this and surely it doesn't matter which wheel is on each corner as the receiver will just sense the individual wheel on the hub.....am I correct?

the valve will be coded to each corner of the car..so if you swap them around it will cause them to be in the worng position on the dash disply...

the sensors on the megane auto adjust when swapped, dont know if its the same for clio

...they were right...I am wrong!! I thought the sender would be in the hub, but it must be with each valve then.....on a related point, are the valves easy to swap into new wheels (as I might get a set of Speedline Corse)....

...actually, just seen your response Ryan....I have a Meg250....I suppose I could just try it out and see....

The sensors on my meg didn't re-adjust :worried:.

When I had a flatty it was showing FL when it was actually rear left for example. But then when i swapped my rims over, the sensors couldnt be swapped over so then the car had a fit and the screen showed no rims and always displayed wheel error or something to that extent.

IMO dont get a car with tyre pressure sensors, unless they are aftermarket...

I don't think mine have ever worked?! I have different wheels on and I've never seen any pressure warning signs at all?!

...truth is I'm not that bothered about having tyre pressure indicators...they came with the car. It's not something i would spec up for the money...I would've though that monitor can be switched off to stop it from registering no wheel if the wheels are changed.....

Similar Thread Suggestions