Tyre pressure sensors

Following my other thread about the electronic dipstick --> How does the tyre pressure sensor work?

does it display a warning in text or on the car picture thing (which shows open doors)??

Did all 197's have this as standard? or was it an option?

I mite just go let my tyres down later to find out.. :w00t:

there should be a sensor on the hub, and it measures ride height or something to do with the rotation of each wheel and store 'said reading' if any of the parameter alter is assumes you have lost pressure and you get a symbol on the dash. When you alter the pressure in your tyres you should always reset the car by pushing the tyre pressure monitor button, then it knows to alert you again should anything change

you have either "active" or "passive" type systems

active - renault usually use a sensor built in to the tyre valve and each wheel has a seperate signal that transmits to a reciever under the car - if the pressure of that wheel drops it puts a warning on the dash

passive - the other type uses the abs sensors to measure wheel rotation variation due to possible tyre pressure drop and puts a warning on the dash

Sorry, assumed there was a reset button on the clio as ther is one on the leon

there may well be - i'm not sure if i even have it now - knowing it was an option.

Does anyone know how you can tell? or else I guess I'll have to let my tyres down to check...

Similar Thread Suggestions