Tyre meeting wheel arch!

My drivers side front wheel when on full lock left rubs against the wheel arch... this is the bumper side. The passenger side has about 2inches clearence. So what on earth is that about!?

Check tyres are standard correct size 215/45-17.

Bit odd that the they can meet the arch, as there's quite a gap on standard height

Check tyres are standard correct size 215/45-17.

Bit odd that the they can meet the arch, as there's quite a gap on standard height

Yeh they were fitted about two months ago correct sizes.

Going to have a another look in the morning to check the arch isnt bent in towards the wheel.

Other wise a trip to the garage as everything else behind the wheel around the hub looked okay to the untrained eye...

The joint must be totally destroyed if so because normally there is much space towards the arch on full lock.

Do your springs show any colour markings on them? (purple, orange etc)

The joint must be totally destroyed if so because normally there is much space towards the arch on full lock.

Do your springs show any colour markings on them? (purple, orange etc)

Get pictures of both sides up

Il get some pictures up tomorrow

And im not sure if you mean colour markings as in signs of leaks or general markings..no signs of leaks but otherwise they had a green and blue spot on them when purchased

No, I meant the Renault Sport colour coding for non-cup and cup springs.

The green and blue spots do say non-cup if I remember correctly.
So the springs will be original I guess and it wasn't lowered by the previous owner.

You can't always tell us the spring is broken by looking. They have a protective plastic cover around the bottom few coils who have can make the spring look OK but it may not be. Get it up in the air and get a good look.