Tyre black, help!

I've tried every tyre blacker avaliable in halfords now and cannot find one that wont spray up onto the bodywork 5 mins down the road.

Even when leaving it overnight to dry or wiping excess off it still stains my nice white doors with big black drips.

Anyone got a technique or product i havent tried yet?

Thanks.

your putting too much on - read the instructions - most say wipe off excess after application
i use either megs indurance tyre shine or ag bumper and plastic treatment - used sparingly its fine and dosent usually spray off

My fave is Megs endurance shine too, but still get the spray up. And i use minimal amount and wipe off after. Still no joy. :worried:

theres your problem! tyres need scrubbing clean before the application of the gel otherwise it wont bond correctly as its basically sitting on top of a layer of dirt and brake dust etc and not on the rubber

even if they look clean you will be surprised by how much crap will come off them when given a good scrub with an All purpose cleaner(APC) you can also use alloy wheel cleaner but not strong stuff like wonder wheels.

brushes to use can either be specific tyre brushes like this

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/induro-brush-3-curved-tyre-brush/prod_159.html

or just a dish scrubber from wilko's or tesco just be careful near the alloy face

that should stop the splattering

Poorboys is fooking expensive though, probaly why its called that.

Only a tenner that stuff, and a bottle has lasted me about 4/5 months using it at least every fortnight, so I don't think it's all that expensive

You can use it on black trim too.

What's the best APC to use?

I powerwash the tyre (not alloy)
Scrub tyre down (using a brush and APC)
Leave it to dry while doing other jobs
Apply on the tyre shine
Wipe off excess!

Jobs done.

I use the gel stuff, not the spray. Its like polish. I think Turtle Wax make it.

I have a Black car though so i guess i can't see the black on it. :tongueout:

BLACKFIRE i have heard is the only one you will ever use,

it is supposed to be the big daddy,

quite expensive but its the real thing.

i will be getting some next week.

tyres

How are you guys applying your sray or gel? I always use a small sponge to apply my tyresray and never had a problem as there is no excessive use or waste,plus i dont even clean the tyre prior and its never caused problems so it sounds like application issues!