Tweeking advice wanted

....not that I want to harp on, but I am keeping my Meg 250. It is three years old shortly so the warranty is up and I am considering some modifications to get some torque/power gains and some more subtle pops and banks....I am totaly green on this as I normally off load my cars before the warranty is up!!

Ktec seem to be an obvious contender for work offering a stage one tune up and they are about an hour from me.....and they have their own exhaust system to add to the bundle....

...I've heard good things about Scorpion Exhaust Systems but can't find any prices/stockists or meaningful information about these.....any poiters very welcome

Cheers

Been on meganesport fella? Few kicking around in the mk3 section on there.

See youtube for ideas on exhausts

Remap and exhaust and you're looking at 310bhp ish....cracking number that would certainly make me happy!!

you can get that of just a remap, depending on if its a good engine or not. exhaust wise, im not really impressed with the sound of these exhaust, i think the best sounding one is the miltek one.

so far on mine ive fitted pipercross panel filter, and forge yellow spring recirc valve. last rolling road ran 279bhp. pretty chuffed, hoping with a remap to see 320bhp.

Last edited:
you can get that of just a remap, depending on if its a good engine or not. exhaust wise, im not really impressed with the sound of these exhaust, i think the best sounding one is the miltek one.

so far on mine ive fitted pipercross panel filter, and forge yellow spring recirc valve. last rolling road ran 279bhp. pretty chuffed, hoping with a remap to see 320bhp.

279bhp sounds good are you going for a custom map.

My mates 250 has a custom 3" system with a small backbox and still sounds bland at full chat. I think they really need a decat to sound decent.

His has the RS Tuning Stage 1 remap and although its quick its still pretty bland at times. I think its because the car copes with power so well, there no drama in putting the power down or barreling into and out of corners. Its still a bit to accomplished for its own good imo

Bring on a hybrid or garrett turbo !

Though I do think with a decat a big part of the drama needed will be there. Its just lacking something just now, not only my opinion but his too.

If was my car id be going for some Ferrodo DSUNO pads on the front (amazing !) some sticky tyres on a second set of wheels for the summer, decat Milltek system and a remap.

Yeh mark eventually, but still got warrenty, so will wait it out abit. Probably make the drive to rs tuning.

Scorpion non-res catback would get my vote. Your looking at £449 currently:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGANE-RS...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b3bf985e

Then an RSTuner for a Stage1 map from Henk for around £400 after exchange rates:
http://www.fastchip.nl/index.php?pa...n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&vmcchk=1&Itemid=26

Id also look into the brakes if you haven't already. EBC Yellowstuff is what Im running and appears a popular choice. £160:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b73a190e
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbef14571

Happy shopping :wink:

A generic map will see you around the 300 mark. Its hard to say as no 2 cars are identicle so could be more, could be less.

Mine made 263.4 in standard guise without anything being done.

Would the scorpion catback system be ok for futuer mot? I want mods that will be compatible with the mot without messing about

I am beginning to work out the jargon slowy....a cat-back is half an exhaust system from the cat back...as it were...so keeping the MOT emmissions ok....the proximity of KTR to me is making me think about the stage 1 map and a cat back (KTR) exhaust....any comments on this idea?

Any Cat-Back exhaust will pass the MOT.

I'm looking at exhausts myself to add some more drama. Going to get a Scorpion as it's full stainless steel unlike the Milltek. After I've eaten into more of the warranty I'll pop up to RSTuning and get myself 300bhp.

Anyone had any dealings with exhaust changes and Renault warranty in the past? If the gearbox went, for example, would they throw their toys out the pram because it has an after-market exhaust.

Any Cat-Back exhaust will pass the MOT.

I'm looking at exhausts myself to add some more drama. Going to get a Scorpion as it's full stainless steel unlike the Milltek. After I've eaten into more of the warranty I'll pop up to RSTuning and get myself 300bhp.

Anyone had any dealings with exhaust changes and Renault warranty in the past? If the gearbox went, for example, would they throw their toys out the pram because it has an after-market exhaust.

Miltek is full stainless

Similar Thread Suggestions