Turn on ignition without engine coming on?

Hi guys,

I got a 12v vacuum for Xmas but in order for it to work the ignition needs to be on. Is there a way to do this without the engine coming on. I've tried pressing the start/stop button a few times but the engine always cuts in. Can you help?
Thanks in advance

quickly push the start button ignition will come on but the car wont start (no foot on brake or clutch). then push again to turn the ignition off. or push and hold to start with foot on brake or clutch.

Last edited:
As above, press it without putting your foot on the brake. If that doesn't work then typicla french electrical gremlins :wink:

put your card in the slot on the dash and press stop/start without pressing any pedals.

As above, press it without putting your foot on the brake. If that doesn't work then typicla french electrical gremlins :wink:

This works for me, unlike my old clio that had a tendancy to 'forget' to turn the headlights on despite the switch being in the on position, the 200's only fault is it occasionally unlocks itself when walking past it (when wet/snowy).

It's french....

During the snow I couldn't open the drivers door one time and in order to start the 200 had to enter via the passenger seat and start car. Key was in my jeans pocket and I had about 20 layers of clothes on. Eventually I ended up stretching down to press the brake pedal with my right hand whilst trying to press the start button with my right thumb whilst trying to shift enough of my immense bulk to get the key close enough to the "zone" to start her up.

Gave the neighbours a laugh :smiley:.