Trying out my new toy :)

Treated my self to a late xmas present yesterday :smiley:. Picked up a Canon D500 body with 18-55mm lens (kit). So thought I'd go for a play with it. Car is a MESS and I'm only just starting out with the DSLR but I'm pretty happy with the pics...

IMG_0226.jpg
IMG_0227.jpg
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg
IMG_0252.jpg

Any tips or comments welcome as ever :smile:

Nice new toy, can turn into an expensive hobby though lol

Pics are good but would suggest you turn up the brightness fractionally

Thanks for the comments guys, theres sooooo much to learn about this photography lark lol. The GF's dad popped round earlier and has leant me some lenses (35-135mm, 70-300mm), but it blows my mend with all the possibilities!

sounds a bit basic but if your on manual mode theres a chart on the screen that moves when you change the shutter speed get it in the middle and thats the correct exposure that should help with the brightness

good pics though theres nowhere where i live thats like that

Yeah Andy im pretty lucky, theres some really nice places around here Im lust on the outskirts of Barnsley/Sheffield so 5minutes in one direction gets you open landscapes and some great roads. The other direction takes you into town.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! :smile:

You cant beat proper DSLR - shame its not a Nikon mind :wink:

:hug1:

Made it to the second page before I got that :smiley:

TBH I was looking at the Nikons the D3100 in particular, but the 500D got a good review from a few people I spoke to, and combined with the free (temporary) lenses it made me go for the Canon.

Adam I have JUST signed up to Flickr but im at work so no pics for the moment, when I go home I may upload some, thats if the GF hasn't filled my camera with pictures of the kitten :smiley: