197: Trip Screen

hi guys.

searched for this but didnt find anything.

anyway ive just been out in my 197 and noticed the trip screen started to flash random symbols, numbers and letters. it did this for about a minute and i then pulled over, got out and locked the car. i then got back in and started it again. the flashing had stopped but the screen had stopped on weird numbers and letters (was this a fault code?) anyway i got to my mates and left it for about half an hour. got back in after and it seemed fine until half way down the road when random numbers and letters flashed up but then went. it now does this for around 2 minutes when i first set off. CONFUSSED!!! :S:S

also my clock screen fades and dissapears when its warm outside! any thoughts?

Scott

My clock does that sometimes but as for the flashing symbols I've never heard of that happening

I have a spare display if you want it, assuming your car doesn't have Cabasse? Not far from you either, drop me a PM if interested.

My old Clio had a little problem like this and I took it to Renault. They said they 'reset' it and it was fine.

Only thing we can do is reprogramme it if it takes one and then it may fix it or may not! You were lucky :smile: