Traction control

Just curious on what basis you judge that? You have experience of driving high performance cars on ice lakes and snow, and tuning ESP in those situations?

Out of interest, who are you adjusting it for, VW, and where are you testing it?

Sorry, dont want to seem argumentative, but just because you've drove "high performance" vehicles on "ice lakes and snow", that doesnt give you any right to start; a) under-minding people over the internet, b) claiming people in the industry have no idea what they're talking about, and c) still not answering the poor guys problem (im aware it is fixed now :thumbup1: )

Now, as an ARDS qualified instructor, i know how to drive a decent selection of "high performance" cars.

Also, the car is being altered by myself and another student. The original idea was to alter the old Skoda Fabia VRs, VAG group got word from my University, got involved and very helpfully donated a New one.

All testing will be done at; Silverstone Stowe circuit, Mintex at Leeds, Oulton Park, and Millbrook.

Now are we going to continue to argue because I really need to finish my assignment on a Bosch DDU7 data logger. :smile:

Last edited:
We had a reasonable dump this afternoon. Struggled to get out of the car park (incline on exit).

Clio was **** with TC on and **** with TC off. Eventually did manage with the TC off but the best advertisement for winter tyres I've ever had.

I've not got stuck anywere this past week or so in the snow, in the clio or in my merc sprinter van (RWD)

The throttle works two ways, i often find just easing off the clutch and pulling away on tickover works the most.

I live in a cul de sac and it's like a skating rink but i can get round every day, old boy in the corner has left his car on the drive and walks to work as he can't get off his drive. :-p