Tracking down a number plate

Hey guys,

had a quick scour online - to see how you might go about it, but nothing really popping out...

Is there anyway to track down a particular number plate? And then try and approach them to buy it...

I've a feeling it's possibly illegal or tied up with data protection?

Fingers crossed it's not!

Ta

Hey guys,

had a quick scour online - to see how you might go about it, but nothing really popping out...

Is there anyway to track down a particular number plate? And then try and approach them to buy it...

I've a feeling it's possibly illegal or tied up with data protection?

Fingers crossed it's not!

Ta

You can try doing a search on the DVLA website or websites selling private number plates. There should be a way to do it as the police can lol... ask them?

Lmao a plate that isnt for sale is not accessable to GP its because of privacy laws and the fact mr smith doesnt want anonymous phone calls asking if you can buy something that isnt for sale.

I searched for RS 197 for 5 months once i found it i laughed my head off at the price £17,500

Usually the number plate places buy the plate off the DVLA and then sell it on to you, so start there I would say. It's quite a good website actually, got mine off there (well my parents) for £245.

Its virtually impossible to track a number plate unless you had access to certain systems but that would breach data protection and be illegal. Only chance you have got is flagging him/her down if you were to see them driving about which isn't exactly practical.

if your gonna cut someone up or be a stupid driver a private plate isnt for you. Which plate is easier to remember? SA57 DTL or G4RRY ...

Two weeks later when you see G4RRY it all comes back to you "thats the mother f****r who nearly made me crash, after him!"

if your gonna cut someone up or be a stupid driver a private plate isnt for you. Which plate is easier to remember? SA57 DTL or G4RRY ...

Two weeks later when you see G4RRY it all comes back to you "thats the mother f****r who nearly made me crash, after him!"

Having a LY RS Clio makes you stand out somewhat aswel, add a private plate (RYA 4N) and I aint blending in any where. So iv found myself thinkin twice before showing any road rage!! :argue:

hahaaa very true!

Id say thats a fair price, its all down to whats its worth to you at the end of the day. Im sure there are some people who would even pay the £17500 for RS 197.

Ah, it wasn't me looking for revenge! haha! Though I can see how that would be a problem...

The plate I was looking for was SK11EY J

I know it's just a regular 11 plate... but think it looks ok considering my name!

yeah apart from you woul have to illegally space it

oh and the r197 cup is only cheap cus its rubbish . . . . RS 197 i meen come on that takes some beating.

ive got L13SK K

which is my surname, then first initial, under close examination its illegal, but even the trained eye ie traffic police have done nothing about it, also its carbon lettering.... nothing said either

Sk11eyj is not registered on a car.

Just do a free hpi and youll find that.
So why not try contacting the Dvla to see if is possible to get it registered as a plate, then buy it.

Don't know if it's possible, but you can choose th last three letters of the new style plates when you register a car so I can't see why it would not be possible.