Tracking/Alignment Issues Solved by Pothole

I am aware this isn't a technically technical, nor is it a fix, but it's about steering and it may well just make you laugh a little bit.

My steering wheel pointed to the left. It was off by about say 20*. So it was fairly noticeable. It was like this when I bought it.

I had the car booked in to get the tracking fixed this morning at Arnold Clark. I only went there because it was free mind you. Anyway. I just picked it back up and they found nothing wrong with it. Infacf it's mm perfect to the standard renault sport settings. They even said they found it strange that I though there was something was wrong with the tracking.

What I didn't tell them was I smacked a massive pothole this morning and at the time I though to myself "that pothole just sorted my tracking". Little did I know the hole in the road set up the tracking perfectly.

I'm very lucky it didn't make it twice as bad.

How fortunate was that!?

However what I've just noticed is that my MPG has dropped since this morning...someone had a fun blast around Falkirk whilst they were checking my tracking! I left it at about 28MPG and returned to find this.

vyzy9ape.jpg

Has anyone else had anything fixed but going over a pothole recently? I would be interested to hear.

Bryan.

right off to find some potholes--- yyyeeeeee rrrriggghhttt.

ps i always look at my mileage before i go and make sure they know i have.