Trackday brakes

I've got standard discs and DS2500 at the moment but every time I go on track the DS2500 overheat and put uneven deposits on my discs which I just can't deal with!

I'm happy with this set up on the road though so am thinking about getting some race pads which I can swap out for trackdays.

What does everyone recommend? I'm thinking about carbon lorraine RC6

I've still yet to try them on track but on the road using grooved discs appears to have stopped the vast majority of performance tail off with DS2500's. Just an idea if you're close to needing new discs.

I had the ktec 2-piece grooved discs for a while and also had the DS2500 drop off with them, that was at bedford though which I think is fairly heavy on the brakes.

I even had minor pad deposits after doing the nurburgring which is very light on brakes

I've still yet to try them on track but on the road using grooved discs appears to have stopped the vast majority of performance tail off with DS2500's. Just an idea if you're close to needing new discs.

i'd of suggested this as well tbf

roughly how many laps do you do in one stint?

I've tried the 2500's but went back to Yellowstuff pads - Cheaper and have no problems with them give them a try for £140 ish for all 4 corners.

I've tried the 2500's but went back to Yellowstuff pads - Cheaper and have no problems with them give them a try for £140 ish for all 4 corners.

was thinking of these to replace my 2500 - i did use the reds and they seemed fine

whats the yellow like for road use?

I run race pads both on the road and on track and i don't see any disadvantages in using them daily... They give off a bit more brake dust but are long lasting and much stronger :smile:

roughly how many laps do you do in one stint?

Not many, tend to stay out for 15 mins then do half a lap cool down and then 15 mins in the pits.

I recently invested in some Carbotech XP8s. Get absolute rave reviews everywhere. Initial impressions here;

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29467&page=6

Will report back after second track day with them at Bedford on the 20th.

Cheers will have a read up on both options!

I run race pads both on the road and on track and i don't see any disadvantages in using them daily... They give off a bit more brake dust but are long lasting and much stronger :smile:

I had carbon lorraine RC5 pads before and they were great, really loved them as a fast road pad but the low speed squeal absolutely does my head in driving in the summer with the windows down. I need something a bit more civilised everyday and think the DS2500 does a good job of it

Ds1.11 ??? I know a few guys who run these in the megs on track and rate them very highly

Maybe try adapting your driving style? It's not a dig but maybe there is something new to be learnt about braking?

I ran standards on my 200 for many trackdays and never had a problem. I was also a late braker compared to other clios especially at brands compared to a 200 with floating discs.

Maybe try adapting your driving style? It's not a dig but maybe there is something new to be learnt about braking?

I ran standards on my 200 for many trackdays and never had a problem. I was also a late braker compared to other clios especially at brands compared to a 200 with floating discs.

If you didn't have brake fade after 3 laps then you just weren't pushing...

I had carbon lorraine RC5 pads before and they were great, really loved them as a fast road pad but the low speed squeal absolutely does my head in driving in the summer with the windows down. I need something a bit more civilised everyday and think the DS2500 does a good job of it

Just noticed the squeal myself...and already driving me crazy.

I'm running the Tarox F2000's and the RC5+'s and whilst I haven't smashed them round a track (yet), on the road the stopping power is awesome.

If you didn't have brake fade after 3 laps then you just weren't pushing...

It does depend heavily on the track but he has a point, too many people trail and stay on the brakes too long and don't get on them hard enough increasing the heat build and and reducing the time they have to cool.

I also ran standard on my 197 and it was fine. It speaks for itself when I loose out to cars on straight and gain under braking.

What I'm getting at is sometimes you need to learn to drive to the differences of each car.

was thinking of these to replace my 2500 - i did use the reds and they seemed fine

whats the yellow like for road use?

I have no issues with them, work just as good as a standard pad from cold but when you get the heat in them they come alive. 1000% better than the red pads - Guy on the phone at EBC said dont use any thing less than yellows!

I have no issues with them, work just as good as a standard pad from cold but when you get the heat in them they come alive. 1000% better than the red pads - Guy on the phone at EBC said dont use any thing less than yellows!

thank you :thumbsup: