Track / Race Clio 197 - Rotoryboy

Anyone know where i put my rear tow strap?

On mine I used a previous shape Laguna tow hook (or a Clio but Laguna easier to find) and chopped off the end, using a tow strap I cut a groove into the cut down hook and welded the strap into the groove, it can poke through the bumper or the diffuser but I think the bumper is a better angle if your pulling on the strap.

I don't think so, it's the same set up as my front one on my road car, I think I have a pic of that.

Well as it was nice (after the fog) yesterday, I did a bit of work on the RS.

I decided to remove the rear bumper so I could access all of the reverse sensor stuff, to remove it.

It was all on the inside rear arch but connected through the rear light cluster.

DAC7DFCA-D100-47B3-BDB4-3DB4BD9E5863_1.jpg

So I dived on the forum for a 'How To' to remove the rear bumper but couldn't find one, so went in blind lol.

• Removed the rear defuser

• Removed both rear light clusters and removed the bumper bungs

695d3a39-54f6-488c-9937-d61f4cc11839.jpg

• Removed the push/twist screw clips

6e492fe7-ab37-45a9-a076-3d1988bb515c.jpg

• Unscrewed the 2 x Screws under the rear arches (both sides)

• Then very gently unclipped the rear bumper from the clips still attaching it to the car, just under where the light units were. I used a standard butter knife)

c1e1c528-58be-451e-ac34-cc4db3a8cb22.jpg

This was then off and time to remove all the internal wiring

1293E970-3D34-4893-9BD7-2960C98EDD50.jpg

All then refitted in reverse.

I also decided to remove the rear wiper after all the previous talk of sizes of bungs etc lol. Looks nice and clean.

It was fully seized on so semi destruction was in order.

BAFFFE61-9620-47D8-8B59-411DC9251084.jpg

I then needed to put the seats in. I found some I wanted on a Rally forum and got a good deal. I then purchased a subframe and side mounts. The subframe hasn't arrived yet, so I trial fitted them with just spacers and mounts.

This was nice but at 6'2" I could JUST see over the steering wheel, a little too Touring Car for my liking :blink:. Subframe will be fitted when it arrives.

9DF9A5AD-BF21-45BB-A047-5BA7E89A7600.jpg

7B08E5E9-F1D4-4B97-B9B3-7B1877B16E0E.jpg

The day was then finished with a beautiful sun set, so I took a little pic

FA638666-FE37-4FE2-BC9E-7375F407BFD0.jpg

Lol. Cheers Gam

While it was sunny this morning I decided to fit the Cup spoiler (no end plates as yet) and replace the aerial as I don't need it. Decided on a shark fin as they look neat

4e9u7y4u.jpg

9epybeza.jpg

enaqazu3.jpg

Liking the steering wheel and quick release :tongueout:

What release did you use? I've just ordered one from demon tweeks to go with my new wheel

Tried that but I took the curtain airbags out, seat airbags, passenger dash airbag and steering wheel airbag and put a 3.3ohm resister in each loom. Airbag still on so the bulbs coming out. Don't need it anywho

I was the same on the trophy, removed all air bags, pretensioners and airbag ECU/loom, no way to avoid the light staying on, so I just blanked it out anyhow, not as if it's even road legal anyhow.

looks good Mark.
is that a Lifeline boss? I'm running a B&G item on mine, actually helps with spacing the wheel towards you a little extra aswell :smile:

No I looked at the Lifeline one at huge money but then went for the JJC one. It's brilliant and gives a nice seating/driving position.