toyosports manifold help!

Hi all, just a quick one, so I have an akrapovic evo system already fitted I believe this has some form of sports cat in place right? If I fit the toyosports manifold will I have any emissions failures on my next MoT? Also anyone know what sort of labour charge would come with tho fitting of the manifold? Cheers dudes..:thumbup1:

Hi mate. I'm no expert with the akra system (so I will wait until someone with more knowledge comments). I'm lead to believe that it is a decatted system. I have the TS manifold, it is quite a job approx 5-6 hours of labour it took my garage, as the subframe has to be dropped. Cost me £270 to be fitted if I remember. The TS manifold no longer has the pre-cat, so if your system doesn't have a sports cat it will not pass an emissions test. If you're thinking of a TS mani, I would recommend looking into new engine mounts as it knocks against the subframe.

I have the Akra system & Toyosport manifold.
The Akra removes the main cat & the Toyo removes the pre-cat so you will need to fit an aftermarket cat.

@dawsey0712 [MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION] thanks for the info lads think I might knock it on the head then, I don't want to fully de-cat and have to tamper with either of the exhausts to fit an aftermarket cat, I may consider it when the warranty on the akra is void, cheers. I also wanted an ITG maxogen but frankly they look hideous unless you install it the way where the battery is relocated its that piece of flexi pipe that goes down the right hand side as you look at it. IMO.

@dawsey0712 [MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION] thanks for the info lads think I might knock it on the head then, I don't want to fully de-cat and have to tamper with either of the exhausts to fit an aftermarket cat, I may consider it when the warranty on the akra is void, cheers. I also wanted an ITG maxogen but frankly they look hideous unless you install it the way where the battery is relocated its that piece of flexi pipe that goes down the right hand side as you look at it. IMO. [MENTION=50573]Dawesy0712[/MENTION] **

@LAninetyone no problem mate. The only time I would personally fit a TS mani is if the original one has broken. It is IMO, a good replacement for the standard one and a lot cheaper. However if the standard Mani is ok then I wouldn't bother replacing it. It's not a good enough mod to outweigh the total cost of getting one and fitting it. I've got one only as mine orginial one had a flexi blown. Also I'm running a Miltek and decat. Going to put in a sports cat come June when it's MOT testing time.

Last edited: