toyo proxies

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Anyone ever used Toyo PX4's? Just got some for my car to put on the front because the previous owner put some ditch finders on the front and the car has got really bad understeer which aint good so going to give these ago on the front just wondering if any has used them before so i know what to expect, only paid £62 a tyre so werent a bad price

to be honest i've been told to keep with the contisport contacts as they are designed for the car to give optimal grip I suppose you can try . . . let me know how they are.

Not tried PX4s but have T1Rs on the front of mine at the moment and IMO they are better than the Contis

I think the T1R's are a far better tyre for the road conditions up here, I have the original contis on the front (trying to wear them down) and T1R's on the back and once heated up a little bit they just glue the road! I originally had the T1R's on the front and they just don't want to lose grip when putting power down.

what about hankook RS2's bargain at that price

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s684p0

heard good things about as an everyday tyre aswell!

Russ swears by these!

Back to the OP, i have never tried them, keep us updated and we shall see if this is a hidden gem :wink:

"wouldnt make a huge difference really just smaller sidewall "

which will screw up the balance and the speedo reading.

And a big no no if you are only doing fronts.

added to the fact if you crash you will not be insured if they check.

"wouldnt make a huge difference really just smaller sidewall "

which will screw up the balance and the speedo reading.

And a big no no if you are only doing fronts.

added to the fact if you crash you will not be insured if they check.

Will hardly make a difference at all to the balance and speedo reading... its only just over a CM extra in the overall diameter.

never noticed at the time but ive ordered and fitted a slightly wider tyre than should have, 225/45/R17. Can there be any unforseen problems in the future and legally is it alright that the front is wider than the back? If no problems and anyone look for some i got them on blackcircles.com, £72.92 per tyre

Last edited:
never noticed at the time but ive ordered and fitted a slightly wider tyre than should have, 225/45/R17. Can there be any unforseen problems in the future and legally is it alright that the front is wider than the back? If no problems and anyone look for some i got them on blackcircles.com, £72.92 per tyre

should be ok - you can go up in size but not down