Toxic fume light

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
Just query ive had my clio for 4 months and 3 times the toxic fume light has flashed for like 5 -10 seconds then disappears.

should i get it checked or not.

theres like a month gap between them and the car runs just like normal no change with anything and feels fine, just odd thats all

Any advice

take it to a renault dealer and get them to plug their computer on it itll bring up any faults that might be putting the light on

Thing is I would but I got a bargain the guy that first bought it put every addition on it xenons, climate, double sunroof, etc etc and it's a 56 plate it has done 12000 miles and practically sat there, was just woundering by me running it every day now maybe I'm clearing out the cat and it triggers the sensor and nothing bad,
My last Clio was a diesel and I had the same light but that was constant with the management light together,
Renault ended up replacing everything from the fuel tank all the way to the Injectors to stop it coming on,

Hope it won't be the same

Mine does it a as well, normally in traffic.

As long as it’s not doing it ever time you drive the car I am sure it will be fine, before the last time mine flashed up it had not happened for at least 14months.

sounds like ure car needs a good booting to clear the rubbish from the lambda sensor

it sometimes comes on it hot weather driving like a granny, next time give it a good booting.

Ive not seen that one, touch wood I wont. Keep it serviced even if its not being used! cant stipulate that enough.

Give it a good thrashing! Lol! It'd get in nice and hot and take it for a nice long journey. My 1.2 Clio used to get cloudy deposits on the filler cap. I got very worried that it was the gaskit, but after a nice 3 hours drive to Devon, nothing for months. I sometimes think cars need a good long drive to get everything up to temperature and clear out any sh**e!

UPDATE-
Renaults done a diagnostics and said one of the coils was miss firing so they are changing them under my warranty, lucky i paid 500 quid for it

Got the car back and omg what a difference, I think my car was dodgy from when I bought it because it's so much more smoother and quicker, I thought how it was running was ok but obviously not, glad I didn't have to pay anything oh and my itg filter was put in today to

Very good result! Glad the car is performing better too! From what you desribed it sounded nothing like the actual problem! Shows how much the diagnostic computer helps!

yeah great result on my wallet haha, and your right, the light flashing can be anything from you exhaust or your fuel system from the tank to the injectors so quite a wide variety really. how do you put details of your car upgrades and photos on here to

Similar Thread Suggestions