Torque Ratings...

I am going to set about stripping and cleaning my rear calipers this weekend if it doesn't rain all weekend. It will be the first time I have attempted this type of job but the guide on here seems good and I am willing to give it a go.

Just wondered, how important are the workshop torque settings for the likes of the bolts that hold the calipers in place? I don't own a torque wrench so I am wondering does the tightness really need to be that specific, or is simply ensuring the bolts are tightened properly enough?

Should I go buy a torque wrench or just tighten them up manually?

Thanks

Stub axle (or drum) nut 175
(
2) Calliper support bolt 105
(
3) Guide pin bolts 32
(
4) Bearing mounting bolt 62
(
5) Shock absorber lower mounting bolt 105
Shock absorber upper mounting nut 21
(
6) Brake pipe nut 14
(
7) Bearing and rear axle mounting bolt nut 105

under-rear axle protection mounting bolt 6

thats for the rear and all in nm

Thanks for the details, my main question was really, are these a must? Or can the likes of the bolts for the calipers which I intend to strip and clean just be tighted without the use of the exact torque rating?

Thanks for the details, my main question was really, are these a must? Or can the likes of the bolts for the calipers which I intend to strip and clean just be tighted without the use of the exact torque rating?

if you have expereince and know what your doing then yes...

i always use a torque wrench for wheel nuts

While someone's on the topic of torque settings I'd like to know what setting the top mounts on the shocks are front back thanks.

If your stripping the rear calipers and changing the pads at the same time the pads usually come with new shims and bolts with thread sealant already applied.

My ferodo pads did anyway.

Not changing pads or anything yet, just a clean and grease, my rear left caliper is sticking a bit it seems. Plenty of heat being transferred to the wheel.