Top mount split AGAIN

Bro

Paid Member
I changed both top mounts about 15k miles ago roughly. I noticed a noise that sounded similar to when the rubber on the top mount was split last time and you guessed it, the passenger side mount is split again. I'm guessing the massive pot hole the size of the grand canyon I went in a few weeks back didn't help this. They were genuine parts but this time I'm not sure if its worth buying genuine or not. Is it even worth doing both sides again or just the one that's split?

I've been looking around to see if there's any up-rated top mounts available but it doesn't look like it unless I want to spend a lot of money

I was just wondering if anyone's had a mount split this quickly before?

KYB are the normal Renault original suspension it's stamped on the shocks so forget genuine save some money SM1527 and SM1526 are top mount full repair kits I found best value strut, bearing, nut and mounting bolts old style large mounts. Follow the fitting guide there is a point where it shows you to point the two markers outwards although it seems now like a single block with two white dots. Anyway the suspension on the RS is so well factory configured that like you say a pothole or defect on the road you will know something is damaged as you will feel the hit through the steering wheel etc. regardless of mileage.

1705949753605.png

Reactions: Sean197
KYB are the normal Renault original suspension it's stamped on the shocks so forget genuine save some money SM1527 and SM1526 are top mount full repair kits I found best value strut, bearing, nut and mounting bolts old style large mounts. Follow the fitting guide there is a point where it shows you to point the two markers outwards although it seems now like a single block with two white dots. Anyway the suspension on the RS is so well factory configured that like you say a pothole or defect on the road you will know something is damaged as you will feel the hit through the steering wheel etc. regardless of mileage.
Thanks for the help

I've just ordered a KYB top mount kit which saved me some money

I’ll just leave here this info in case anyone finds it useful…for the late style/smaller top mounts (2010+ cars), the OEM is Meyle, part number 16-14 641 0033 (they are symmetrical, so same part for both sides - order two as they’re sold individually).

Reactions: Sean197
I’ll just leave here this info in case anyone finds it useful…for the late style/smaller top mounts (2010+ cars), the OEM is Meyle, part number 16-14 641 0033 (they are symmetrical, so same part for both sides - order two as they’re sold individually).
Let me add a picture - left the new Meyle, right the old OEM that was on the car. As you can see both have the Renault logo, the same exact codes, and no reference to Meyle.

topmounts.jpg

Also, keep in mind that with the Meyle kit you get the 3 nuts that hold the strut assembly to the car, but not the top shock absorber nut...so remember to order it (7703034306) - I cannot really tell why it's not included as well...