Top engine mounting change?

fano45

Paid Member
Hi guys

Does anyone know how to remove/change the top engine mount/stabiliser bar, the one that looks like an arm on the left side of the engine bay.

Mine has a lot of side to side play in it and im assuming thats not good. makes a metal on metal knock when driving at low speed.

Thanks

the stabliser bar in conjuction with the bottom back gearbox mount stop the engine forwards and backwards, so side to side shouldnt be a problem.

The metal arm and rubber are suppose to be bonded together I think. But my arm is loose from the rubber. A link to the how-to perhaps? Can't seem to find it

The metal arm and rubber are suppose to be bonded together I think. But my arm is loose from the rubber. A link to the how-to perhaps? Can't seem to find it

there no "how to" in the sticky thread so you will need to do a search

i dont think they are that hard to do - just a case of unbolt and re-bolt the new one on - you may have to stop the engine from moving backwards/forwards whilst its off but cant see any other issue

also worth checking the lower arm as well as this could also been worn/torn

not really carried out much work on this engine, but off the top of my head if its the mount I am thinking of you just have to support the engine from underneath with a jack (just to be on the safe side) and then remove the arm/bolts from above. Sounds like the rubber bush has just worn, although maybe worth checking why... could be another mount has worn as well giving the engine excesive movement which has caused this one to perish.
Also be intersting to see how much it costs as well.

Well my bottom mounting was torn which probably caused the top one to go. But after replacing the bottom one the top one is now very noisy. Probably because it was weak to begin with. Will keep you guys updated

mines doing the same after my cambelt change what was it in the end mate in 2nd gear its the worst it really knocks also my car feels like it vibrates alot more inside did yours ?