Tomtom question

Hi
I'm looking at a 200 with the built in tomtom.
I drive a Renault van at work with a tomtom built in and what i find annoying is i can't have the radio on with the tomtom off.
Is the system the same in the Clio - radio on - tomtom on, tomtom off - radio off?
I find it distracting in the dark with the screen glaring (even nightime colours).

Also - is it possible to fit an aftermarket stereo (Alpine) and not lose the tomtom?

No idea on the aftermarket stereo, but I can confirm its always on when the radio is on. No way of turning the display off.

It used to bug me at first, but after nearly two years it doesn't effect me at all anymore.

Pressing the central button of the remote control brings up the quick menu, choose Hide Map, your music will continue to play.

Pressing the central button of the remote control brings up the quick menu, choose Hide Map, your music will continue to play.

Tried this today without success - pressed button but no option to hide map anywhere?
I drive a Renault van at work with built in sat nav - this does have the hide map option, dunno why the cars doesn't?

Tried this today without success - pressed button but no option to hide map anywhere?
I drive a Renault van at work with built in sat nav - this does have the hide map option, dunno why the cars doesn't?

Hello mate,

Have a look at the following, but if they are of no help then sorry to say I’m out of ideas.

(This may or may not be any help, but have you updated the firmware lately: if not, take your SD card out of the TomTom, put it in your PC then use TomTom Home to download the firmware to the card which you then use to update the system in the car. But to be honest, the hide map was available to me before I updated mine.)

Carminat TomTom Driver's Handbook Remote Control.jpg

Carminat TomTom Driver's Handbook Quick menu Screen.jpg

Well just updated the device via TT home and the hide map option still hasn't appeared :worried:
The manual does show it but says "depending on vehicle" - i guess it's an option on everyones but mine

Wonder if the SD from the van will work in the car?

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Well just updated the device via TT home and the hide map option still hasn't appeared :worried:
The manual does show it but says "depending on vehicle" - i guess it's an option on everyones but mine

Wonder if the SD from the van will work in the car?

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Just out of curiosity, next time you're in your motor, take a photo of your Quick Menu with your camera phone and post it up. The reason I ask is that the TT with either central or remote control (according to the manual) has the hide map option.

An alternate approach would be to reset to factory settings (it probably doesn't need saying but I'll say it anyway :smile:: back up your SD card first to your PC).

Anyway hope you get it sorted.

Just out of curiosity, next time you're in your motor, take a photo of your Quick Menu with your camera phone and post it up. The reason I ask is that the TT with either central or remote control (according to the manual) has the hide map option.

An alternate approach would be to reset to factory settings (it probably doesn't need saying but I'll say it anyway :smile:: back up your SD card first to your PC).

Anyway hope you get it sorted.

I'll take a pic tommorow - seems strange it isn't an option as it is distracting having the screen on all the time, i did think before i saw the car the screen would pop down into the dash ;/

Well i reset to factory settings this morning and still no hide map option :worried:

This is my quick menu
Photo0268.gif

This is the quick menu in the works van
Photo0269.gif

Yeah the one in the Clio is different for some strange reason to other Renault models, my GT doesn't have the hide map feature, but when it switches to night colours the brightness is turned right down and it doesn't distract me at all and it is a god send when on roads you don't know gives you an idea of what's coming up ie hairpins

Try 'Main Menu', 'Change Preferences' (on page 1 of 3 under the Navigate To... icon) then Hide Map. If its not there then I am afraid I don't know what to suggest :worried:

Yep tried everything - no option on any of the pages/ screens to hide map :worried:

I agree that last post of mine wasn't at all helpful; I had a look at the TT support forum and it would appear there is no solution :s

It appears to be a case of pot luck as to who got what generation of TT In-Car Nav in their car.

Similar Thread Suggestions