To any who's swapped HUs

So if you swap red and yellow cables the radio will work even before you turn ignition on by pressing the stop/start button?

Only if you are using a particularly antiquated radio. Most, if not all modern stereos need both lives (perm + ign switched) to work. The problem with Renaults is that they are the wrong way around.

So just had the dash apart to fit the aerial adapter, fitted a treat.

However!

I tried swapping the wires and it made no difference, apart from it then lost all settings when the ignition went off.

So I did a bit of poking with a multimeter to find the ignition output on the cars wiring loom, to my surprise there isn't even a wire connecting up to this from the connects2 unit.

So I have no idea where to go from here with it, everything else works perfectly now it's just I'd like no0t to have to fully start the car just to get the radio on......

Well I could wire it up myself and bypass the connects2 box just for the ignition wire but it's a bit of a faff and I'd want to do it the hard way i.e. not slicing into wires.

This is exactly the same as mine, probably why Ralphy's posts were confusing me! Guess some cars were wired differently to others?

This is exactly the same as mine, probably why Ralphy's posts were confusing me! Guess some cars were wired differently to others?

It's not the car but the adapter, thing is I'd need someone with the same kit to get out their radio and multimeter and let me know if there's reacts any different or is wired differently.....

Anyone? lol :wink:

I've got the adapter, but no multimeter at the moment. Could probably measure voltages in a few weeks when I'm back at the parents.

FWIW, my headunit reacted no differently with or without the connects2 adapter.

I tried it without the connects2 and it works correctly as the loom from the HU to the car has a wire going to the ignition on the car.

So it's possible....

Photo%20Jan%2015%2C%204%2007%2043%20PM.jpg

This is from the connects 2 box, I've labled the missing wire/connection.

I'm thinking one of those yellows needs to be there.

I'll be able to check mine in a couple of weeks when I'm back at the parents place :smile:

Could you trace the yellow wires back to the other end and check voltages there?

I'll be able to check mine in a couple of weeks when I'm back at the parents place :smile:

Could you trace the yellow wires back to the other end and check voltages there?

One of the yellows goes straight through and acts as the permanent power onto the HU, the other yellow goes into the connects2 box.

In terms of the two interchangeable wires one (the yellow) is certainly the permanent but the other though it doesn;t come on initially with the ignition it does stay at 12v post shutting down the engine.

So it's possible to logic of the connects2 box is wrong or a wires missing....