Time to update brakes

I wouldn't be fitting ebc...they don't last long...

I keep hearing this but a few friends and myself have run them on a wide range if cars inc our dedicated trackday car and have never had an issue. I've used their disks too without any problems. I'd happily use them again too.

I keep hearing this but a few friends and myself have run them on a wide range if cars inc our dedicated trackday car and have never had an issue. I've used their disks too without any problems. I'd happily use them again too.

P5240010_zpsb3397231.jpg

megane 225 rears...less than 18month old and 10k miles...

Seen that pic before. I've also seen pics of CL pads that have had the friction material come of the backing.

I can only go on my own experience and I've done in excess of 150,000 miles (conservative estimate) with EBC pads and never had an issue.

Seen that pic before. I've also seen pics of CL pads that have had the friction material come of the backing.

I can only go on my own experience and I've done in excess of 150,000 miles (conservative estimate) with EBC pads and never had an issue.

glad you have had no issues - I have had 2 sets fall apart on my focus when I had it and now this on the red stuff....I have used the reds before
on the 197 and seemed ok - but these that fell apart on the rear of the megane have put me off them 100% :nope:

I've used about 5 sets of ebc green stuff pads before and the only problem I've had was with one set getting crazed and starting to crack up but this was after being left standing a while over a winter.

Not on the clio but a 1000kg alfa 145 used mainly on track.

But having said that I had to replace a set of yellow stuff pads on a mates Volvo T5R last month as one pad had broke up and come away from the backing, they were old though, I'd recommend them.

I must admit Im not a fan of ebc either, I had bother with them on both my smart roadster and smart forfour brabus