Time is Ticking soon to be new 200 owner

hi guys, my next car is currently being polished and finished up ready for me to pick up tomorrow, getting kind of a little excited now, who can blame me?
my current car a Vauxhall astra GTC which handles alright, the tyres slide all over the place. the chassis is brilliant and the suspention is great but the car is to heavy for the grip it requires.
i have read so many times here and everywhere that the clio has brilliant handling which im looking forward to and the engine is powerful which is also a brilliant point.

i have only driven diesel cars since i was 17 to keep the insurance down, this is my first ever proper sports car which i own so i will update tomorrow with pictures and what its like :thumbup1::d

You'll find the Clio to be on a different level. With a few tweeks to the suspension and handling they corner like a supercar. You'll love it.

Driven lots of fast cars, faster than clios by far but there's something about the clio that's different from the rest.. 100 times more fun to drive than anything else i've ever been in. Even Chris Harris says out of every car he could choose from he'd take the Clio to his grave with him. Get used to it then start throwing it round some sharp corners (if you have good tyres on it) and you'll be amazed :smiley:

i live in the country side, i can go out at any time and have some (perfectly legal of course) fun. i have had a clio before, the 1.5 dci model but a clio none the less, i decided to go back to the clio again as i know a few pointers to look out for in renault ownership.
i am seriously looking forward to getting this car tomorrow as the weather looks nice and i have to take it home quickly after buying it, some little twisty countryside roads to get a feel for the car should be great fun

i know its early but who is best for a air filter and remap service? i have read a few posts now suggesting a few different places so any recommendations would be welcome

renault clio front.jpgrenault clio back.jpgcar_id_48354_3.jpgcar_id_48354_2.jpg
here are the pictures from the dealership that it is at, isnt she a beauty, not sure if the read calipers mean its got brembo breaks but the front calipers have brembo written on them? haha

All MK3 RS clios come with brembo brakes, the red callipers suggest its a cup, depending on if the previous owner painted them.

Red calipers mean you have the cup pack, so stiffer suspension and a faster steering rack. But you also have the full fat options looking at the pictures, best of both worlds!

i know its early but who is best for a air filter and remap service? i have read a few posts now suggesting a few different places so any recommendations would be welcome

Lovely car mate,

The best panel filter is an ITG, your looking at around £60. If you want to spend more on an intake, ITG so do a maxogen intake, Which sets you back around £300.

I think 90% of this forum will agree that RS tuning is the best place for a remap.

As Luke says above RS TUNING is the place for a remap as they know how to map a Renault.

The ITG Maxogen is a very good induction kit as is the V6 airbox from n the Clio V6 that's used in the old Cup race cars. For that one you need to relocate the battery though.