Time for change...........

Well I have been trailing through the net for weeks and months and test driven lots of different cars but at last i have made my decision and im waiting to take delivery of my new car this weekend. Currently have a ff197 with recaros and it has served me well for 2 years now and has even performed great through all the snow we had. So here is some pics of what i currently have and what ive bought.

Now
100_0451.gif
Next LY R26 #0457
IMG_0135.gif
IMG_0136.gif
IMG_0137.gif
IMG_0141.gif
IMG_0143.gif
P1010077.gif
P1010081.gif

Pick it up on sat and cant wait.

yeah the car is in Durham so i took the 4hour drive down on sunday just to see the car and drive it to make sure it was good..Mint car and just getting few wee problems sorted out before i get it. Always loved them and now i own one cant wait to get it.

I've been mulling over this change for a few months now, but two things have put me off - insurance for me has rocketed, it's nearly £1000 per annum, but the Clio is £550! Secondly, if you look on MeganeSport, about 1 a week is being stolen, normally at gunpoint, or someone breaking into your house for the keys! 2 of these have been within 10 miles of me... :worried:

How do you think it compares? I do prefer them in a lot of ways, but the steering and grip on roundabouts seems better in my Clio.

Good luck with your new car! Sometimes I wish I had taken an R26 in the first place... :'( Couldn´t stand the looks at the time.

But those robberies at gunpoint...holy sh*t. I mean, it´s "just" a bloody Renault, not some fancy porsch etc. :scared:

Great purchase mate! :thumbup: they are truly awesome cars! Hope you are going to get it chipped too lol!

I had never really though of the renaultsports as a car that would be stolen in that way but with Jase and those its quite alarming! Its a sorry state of affairs when stuff like this is happening regularly! Just goes to show Britain is going down the pan!

my mate has an 07 r26 in LY. it's a great car, love the whistle from the turbo
still think the clio is better looking tho!

That seems to be a very extreme case and there is not really that kind of thing going on around here. As for insurance it's only costing me extra £24 to change up to it and £15 of that is amendment fee.. Will hopefully still be hanging around on here coz it's a good place to be and a good site. Will not be getting the car chipped trying to keep it mainly standard although will prob fit my stereo into it from the Clio and that's about it Dont think it's a car that should be messed with..

Thanks for all the comments guys and will post up loads of pics when I get the car at the weekend and will have lots of pics to take..

Bloody hell...I just read the stolen car stuff on the Megane site....I had my 10 week old Impreza stolen from the driveway in 2006 and I'm now so glad the little sods that did it managed to get in, find the keys and drive away (while I slept like a baby upstairs). I'm even happier that one of the lads was subsequently caught and banged up for 6 months... What a sad indictment on 21st century Britain that he was 12 years old.... thieving little w@nker!!! The car went well though - they were clocked by average speed cameras on the M4 ar 137mph over the 1 mile increment!!! Scooby Dooby Doooooo!!!

These things happen and it could be any nice car that is targeted...enjoy the RS Megane when you get it... :smile:

Yeah I know, which are all mostly right by me :worried:

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to knock anything, just saying I wish I could have one, but these gits are putting me off! :worried: