Throttle

Hi guys, I'm new to the site, picked up my Clio 197 rs yesterday. Absolutely love the car and performance but when I put the pressure on the accelerator it goes down and then if you apply more pressure it feels like it goes further down but shouldn't some how? Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing but I can't think of any other way to describe it? Is this normal with these cars or do I have a problem? Any advice would be helpful! Thanks. Joe

Might be when the throttle body opens? ~60% throttle is like "normal" and then when get past ~60% you can hear the engine start sucking more air as the throttle body opens. Pedal shouldn't feel any different though, just the induction noise changes.

Thanks for the reply, it's not that I don't think, there's no issue driving as normal but when I started to give it some welly and pushed down hard on the accelerator it went further but felt like there was a lot of resistance ?

welcome mate..if you are referring to the accelerator going a bit further at one point then i wouldnt worry about it..mine goes a bit further after i've thoiught it had reached the full throttle..

Thanks pav and thanks for the reassurance, it just didn't feel right because of the massive change in resistance from 80% pressure to 100% pressure but if this is normal then nothing to worry about I suppose :hug:

i'd still have it checked if it bothers you mate..it shouldnt go excessivelly low though..