197: Thoughts on this red R27 plz?

Hi all, happy new year!! Well the Mrs has passed her driving test so now a bit more active on the search for a 197/200.

Been keeping on eye on the classified last few months but wondered if anyone new this R27 or had any opinions on it?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3519761.htm

Looks a peach from the advert and low miles too, any further thoughts anyone?

Looks nice and clean but I think you could get the price down a bit. I paid £8500 (was up for £10000) for my FF 197 in May '10 (30,689Miles).

Not sure if I'd let a new driver out in a 197/200 to be honest, they're not the most tame of cars but if she's sensible (girls generally are more sensible) then I'm sure she'll be ok. Congratulations to her by the way!!! Have you had any insurance quotes for her on a 197 yet out of interest?

Thanks, she's driven for quite a few years overseas anyway on an international license, but only just got round to officially taking the UK test a few weeks ago.

Price wise, thats then thing, do we pay around 8k for a tidy 197 or find a few more grand and get a 200. TBH tho, as her first car, I'm happy with maxin' at 8k...For christ sake, I maxed at a grand with my first car..lol!

Insurance wise, haven't really got any quotes apart from Admiral, I mentioned it to them when i was renewing mine back in November and it was coming out just over a grand for her starting from a fresh. I spose with my name on it and her as a named driver it'll be tons cheaper tho.

Just gotta find the right car for her now..

\

That's a really good price for having a ''new'' driver on the policy.

I'd say go for the 197 (they're better anyway) and save a bit of cash, but then I'm biased. :smiley:

It's all down to personal preference really, if you prefer the look of the 197 or 200 and if you find one with the spec' you want.

Looks a nice example, I've actually seen this car a few times in the flesh at shows etc (The HER R27 plate gave it away, I think the bloke had a HIS R26 plate as well IIRC).

For a low mileage example I think thats pretty good value. Especially if theres no faults, but I'd definitely look out for the usual issues. (especially oil on top of the engine, you don't want to be paying out to replace the Rocker Cover Gasket).

Regarding the misses, I wouldn't worry too much provided shes fairly competent and takes it steady, my GF started driving our 197 at 18yo(maybe 19?) and she's always been safe and sound :smile:

Looks a nice example, I've actually seen this car a few times in the flesh at shows etc (The HER R27 plate gave it away, I think the bloke had a HIS R26 plate as well IIRC).
)

Yeah, i noticed in one of the pics you can see a reflection of a yellow R26, that might be the HIS plate then. Fired him an email anyway, will try and get up to look at it at the w/end if its still avalible.

Need the skirts, exhaust ends, CLIO de-badge and lowering to finish it off i reckon. Ohhh, hark at me already..

I think that's a pretty good price for such a good example of a rare car.

I looked for ages and all the R27's I saw (6 months ago) were very overpriced I thought (from about 8.5-10k) with 40k+ miles.

With only 20k miles and if it is in the condition it seems to suggest I think that's not a bad buy.

Looks like a nice car, if you can get it for less then £8k I think you are on a winner.

I thought I recognised the wording on that advert!! The cheeky git has copied the words from my advert when I had mine on Pistonheads :thumbdown: It took me ages to come up with all that rubbish too lol

Spot the difference:

My add: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3457132.htm

His add: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3519761.htm

Might get in touch with him and ask for some comission seen as he has sold it off the back of my advert :-p

lol - almost identical text!